Ruination: The Upheaval - Results!

Drowning City's media and other contents announced, discussed, and bashed in here.
That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:05 am

<big><big><big><big><big>Ruination: The Upheaval - Result Thread</big></big></big></big></big>

--------
--------

<big><big><big><big>WEEK 1</big></big></big></big>

<big><big><big>LIGHTWEIGHTS</big></big></big>

<big><big>DEFIANCE CONFERENCE</big></big>

Flash Flood vs. Ayame

OH GEE, WHAT DO WE HAVE HERE? AN ANGLING IN CONTEST&#33;&#33;&#33; AND THEY HAVE THE EXACT SAME SPEED, TRACTION, AND NUMBER OF WHEELS&#33;&#33;&#33; AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Fuck this. I'm not writing a serious result for this match. Hold on a minute, I spoke too soon. Alex actually feinted an angle-in and REVERSED. Too bad that allows Flash Flood to get his front end pointed back at it. MORE ANGLING IN. MORE FAKE ANGLING IN. MORE REVERSING. ARE WE HAVING FUN YET? I'M NOT. Okay so the absurdity finally comes to a halt when Ayame actually makes its reversing tactic work kinda and get under Flash Flood, flipping it. Flash Flood self-rights only to get flipped again. And Flash Flood gets flipped into a killsaw. Which separates them. Guess what? BACK TO THIS FUCKING ANGLING-IN TRASH. But not for too much longer, because time runs out. Thank merciful heaven.

Aggression: 8-7 Flash Flood
Damage: 8-7 Ayame
Strategy: 8-7 Ayame

Ayame wins a 23-22 split judges' decision.

Tidal Wave II vs. Sir Morphsalot

Neon's strategy really doesn't work at all here, as Sir Morphsalot doesn't really have the speed to get to Tidal Wave's side. Tidal Wave spends pretty much the whole match punting Sir Morphsalot around the ring until the armor comes off and guts start flying.

Tidal Wave II wins by knockout in 1:17.

Blitz Mk. III vs. Bluebot

Sorry mac, this ain't V900. :V

Anyway, you know what? Blitz actually does a really good job of keeping the flipper in there. Maybe it's the fact that Ava knows he has 2 body armour and if he gets hit anywhere other than the flipper, he's completely effed. As it is, Gulden tries to attack the outside forks of Blitz and actually manages to rip one of them straight off. The problem is that Bluebot is actually unable to really attack anything else that isn't flipper. Yes, he does manage to get under the flipper quite a bit and hit it, sending Blitz flying, but Blitz recovers easily and just rams into him again. This goes on until Bluebot's beater finally stalls from Blitz ramming into it so much. Blitz tries to push Bluebot to the hammers, but unfortunately speed factors into pushing power apparently (thanks Gabe :V) so Ava is really unable to do much with that. He does get him pinned on the wall, but only for about 10 seconds, since 20 seconds were devoted to getting him to the wall in the first place. Once Blitz lets him go, Bluebot spins back up and manages to tear off the other fork completely, but that allows Blitz to move in, stall the beater again, and pin him against the wall until the clock runs out. A 2-armoured bot making it to a judges' decision? Who would have thought.

Aggression: 9-6 Blitz Mk. III
Damage: 15-0 Bluebot
Strategy: 10-5 Blitz Mk. III

Bluebot wins by a 26-19 judges' decision.

Hoarfrost vs. La Valette

Alex starts facing to the right, and then starts his bar such that the spinning forces nearly force him to clip the wall. A brilliant start. He still attempts to execute a running away tactic that I imagine was the goal of starting in that direction, but by this point hoarfrost slams into the Christian Crusher, takes a glancing shot on the wedge, and slams its blade into the wall. The Taoist Tripper gets flung a fair distance away, and is able to get the bar to something approaching full speed before another ram from Hoarfrost catches it straight in the face, tearing an ugly gash in the plow and sending the Zoroastrian Zipper hard into the lexan. At least that one wasn
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:04 pm

<big><big><big><big>WEEK 1 (continued)</big></big></big></big>

<big><big><big>HEAVYWEIGHTS</big></big></big>

<big><big>REDEMPTION CONFERENCE</big></big>

Sinmill vs. Flashback

<del>Razorback</del> rushes Sinmill right away and, yes, that wedge protecting Flashback's disk does deflect Sinmill's blade. The problem is that Sinmill is able to turn easily with that third wheel and while Flashback is faster, it manages to expose it's side to that triple-edged blade. One hit is all it takes to send Flashback's side (and some internals) spraying across the arena.

Your winner via KO in 1:04, is Sinmill&#33;

Hazardous Waste Removal vs. Lunatic Udonge

I swear to god Trihunter one of these days I'll get a fight of yours where you're going to regret keeping this goofy cosmetic stuff on your bot during a fight. Unfortunately HWR isn't really in position to take advantage, so it'll have to wait I guess. HWR comes out in overcutter mode, ostensibly hoping to go over the top of the ABR plow, but I just don't think he has quite enough height on the blade. Anyway, HWR gives no fucks about going up against a brick and comes out as quick as it can. It doesn't hurt that LU is on the slow side for bricks. Somewhat surprisingly, LU isn't really doing too much except waiting for HWR to come in for an attack. It isn't until HWR gets close that LU finally decides to do something, and begins to strafe to attempt to maneuver around HWR's disc. Shockingly enough, a 1 point speed advantage and starting from essentially a cold stop isn't enough to avoid eating a faceful of disc. Of course the plow has absurd armor so there's almost no visable damage, but the hit does send LU spiraling away. LU only just manages to get the plow pointed back in HWR's direction before the spinner closes in for the next hit. LU is still getting bullied around the arena. After a couple more hits HWR finally gets the big breakthrough it was waiting for and gets to a dazed LU before rammer can get the plow in position and it loses a big chunk off one of its wheels. This has enough of a crippling effect that HWR is able to attack the more vulnerable chassis and puts the rammer down.

Hazardous Waste Removal wins by KO in 2:09

Dysprosinator vs. Wedgelord

Argh. This would have been much closer, but unfortunately the "2WD tracks" thing rears its ugly head here for poor TBR. Brad was afraid of it at first, but the first angle in lets Wedgelord get completely under Dysprosinator and throw him into a wall. Pin, pin, pin... okay, your 30 seconds are up. Unfortunately Dysprosinator has little luck after. He tries to go head on but his opponent is firm about angling in and when your forks are very small like Dysprosinator's, you don't have too much of a say. Wedgelord continues to get its licks in, though avoiding hazards for some reason. Oh well, it's not like they were needed here. Finally Dysprosinator actually manages to get under Wedgelord... at the end of the match. And Wedgelord escaped anyway. Whoops.

Aggression: 9-6 Wedgelord
Damage: 10-5 Wedgelord
Strategy: 12-3 Wedgelord

Wedgelord wins by a 31-14 judges' decision.

Devil's Verdict vs. Neglected Waterbug

N-Dubs, as I will refer to the drum/flipper armed bot henceforth, manages to control the majority of the fight, often out-pronging DV's dustpan and kicking it over with the drum. DV is able to self-right quickly, however, and manages to escape before N-Dubs can take it anywhere besides the walls. The dustpan survives the attacks well, and a couple of well-driven clamps late on provide a shower of sparks which the colour levelling program is quite angry about. For all the visuals, DV appears to have only removed some paint from its opponent, although it's more than N-Dubs has done. The drum gets in a final hit, and DV self-rights just after the buzzer sounds.

Aggression: 8-7 Neglected Waterbug
Damage: 9-6 Devil's Verdict
Strategy: 10-5 Neglected Waterbug

By a 24-21 decision, Neglected Waterbug is your winner&#33;

Flandre Scarlett vs. Cutthroat

Ugh. I hate to say it, Ava, but box rushing something when you have barely more speed than it is not going to end in a good time for you. Even worse when your opponent can potentially OHKO you.

Despite all this, Cutthroat actually manages to last a while, taking a few shots to the front of the lifter. He does shockingly manage to stall Flandre's weapon and get it against the wall, but the angle that he has Flandre at does not allow him much lifting room at all, and Flandre falls off the lifter and begins to spin up again. The next time they meet, Flandre manages to catch the edge of the lifter and tear a great chunk of it off. Successive hits spin Cutthroat around again and again while systematically removing more pieces of the lifter, and soon it's all gone. Another hit pretty much kills Cutthroat. Oh wait, he was playing dead. SMASH. Now he's actually dead.

Flandre Scarlett wins by a knockout in 2:21.

Duck King vs. Chad the Inhaler

This fight is dumb and I'm not wasting too much time talking about how Duck King slides around everywhere instead of being able to try and wedge Chad. On the rare occasions Duck King manages to (intentionally) drive towards Chad, Chad avoids it easily and slams Duck King around. Just imagine 3 minutes of this nonsense. Control matters people&#33;

Aggression: LOL
Damage: who cares
Strategy: n/a

Chad the Inhaler wins by clownstomp

Narsiccistic Hot-Shot vs. America Offline

Yeah this is just a case of a better wedge on NHS and no way for Syl to counter being flipped like a pancake for the whole round. Doesn

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:57 pm

<big><big><big><big>WEEK 2</big></big></big></big>

GREEN BRICK vs. Witness Me

Mole Drives like a sensible. A sensible what? Since he included no object of the sentence, I decided to use the wikipaedia random page button thing to find out what he meant&#33;

Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Tulancingo. Mole drives like a sensible Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Tulancingo. As the seat of Mexican archbishops, Mole chooses to wedge green brick and push it around for 3 minutes. Also V900 can

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:57 pm

<big><big><big><big>WEEK 2 (continued)</big></big></big></big>

Chad the Inhaler vs. Narsiccistic Hot-Shot

FF Chad win. Go die. :V

America Offline vs. Sinmill

Okay, so let me check I've got this right. Sinmill moves primarily sideways, with the aid of a wheel in the middle of his flywheel powered by a hubmotor? Err, if you say so. :V

So we get America Offline ("You've got mail&#33;") going all plow-first into Sinmill and immediately gets a gash torn into it. No problem, he quickly gets back on Sinmill's case as the latter stops flying around and shoves him towards a wall. I'm guessing Syl meant to say "avoid the conveyors" somewhere in his RP, so I'll be nice and allow him to reach part of the wall that isn't blocked by a conveyor. :V Due to Sinmill's odd wheel placement, he can't escape the wall and has to take a nasty half-minute of shots from America Offline's hammer, which actually does more damage than Jack thought. After Sinmill is released, however, things start to get shaky. The Aquatic Robotics HW gets spun back up and as America Offline comes back in, Sinmill takes a bite out of the plow from the same area he hit before, tearing an even larger gash in it than before and sending the bots skidding away&#33; America Offline recovers first, but he doesn't have enough time to get back into it because Sinmill is already spinning again, and the next hit blows off a considerable chunk of the plow, again sending the robots skidding. Sinmill is spinning yet again when America Offline approaches and this time half the plow is pretty much gone. However, it seems the recoil is finally enough to send Sinmill bouncing near to America Offline again, who drives him towards the arena wall and starts to really wail on him, but only gets 3-4 hits before the buzzer. What a fight&#33;

Aggression: 12-3 America Offline
Damage: 13-2 Sinmill
Strategy: 9-6 America Offline

America Offline wins by a 23-22 split judges' decision&#33;

Cutthroat vs. Duck King

Cutthroat wins by a forfeit.

Neglected Waterbug vs. Flandre Scarlet

Well shit, this is a pretty unfortunate opponent and arena combination for Flandre. At least they had the foresight to get away from the floor flipper behind them so that this fight lasted longer than 20 seconds. Of course then again it's not like the fight lasted all that much longer than that anyway. It ends up being a bit like that time Fulcrum beat MDU by knocking it into a floor flipper and overturning it. Flandre might have done better in a war of attrition in a different arena, but for now I guess we'll never know because there were just too many floor flippers available here for Flandre to not get flipped over eventually.

Neglected Waterbug wins by KO in 1:06

Wedgelord vs. Devil's Verdict

Welp, Devils Verdict is indeed looking to get Wedgelord flipped via the floor flippers, though not in a way I think Wedgelord expected. So DV parks itself in front of one of the side flippers and waits for Wedgelord to come and attack. Now this is a bit interesting. Wedgelord doesn't really plan on getting to DV's sides, but I doubt he expected DV to essentially LET him get to his sides. What do? This is kind of a

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:23 pm

<big><big><big><big>WEEK 3</big></big></big></big>

Hoarfrost vs. Sir Morphsalot

When Neon says "just charge at it until it breaks", is the second "it" his own robot? Because he is not once able to get underneath Hoarfrost, who basically throws him all over the arena and into the hazards until they kill him. Better luck next time, fam.

Hoarfrost wins by a knockout in 1:30.

Blitz Mk. III vs. Ayame

Oi ain't this a lovely matchup? Ya wankers. Something something >a fucking tea leaf, smh @ u britbongs

Double smh for both going "hurr I'm just going to angle in". Especially you LRA2, mr. "I'm gonna try to angle in despite having thin, flankable forks and slower speed than my opponent". I'm throwing in a third smh because I can, and steeeeerike three&#33; Get this guy, outta this game&#33;

Anywho Blitz basically gets roflstomped 6 ways from sunday and goes 0-5 for the week because of this. The whole "His firestorm-esque beveled back should assist him in getting away, so immediately flip before he does this" bit of strategy along with anything else relating to how he plans on taking Ayame to the hazards never actually comes into play because Blitz's slow ass is too busy getting tipped onto it's side by Ayame. Avalanche tries putting that SUPER HARDCORE ONE POINT TORQUE ADVANTAGE to work, but surprisingly enough it does nothing. Who would have thought?

Ayame flips and shoves Blitz around for a minute. It's fun, I guess. Then GF93 gets a delightfully devilish idea and brings Blitz to the pinball prong things, where the unfortunate yellow-black flipper receives the hardest, loudest ass-slap this side of the pond has ever seen. So hard, in fact, that the entirety of Blitz's insides just get instantly crunched like a bunch of week-old potato chips. 2 armor was a mistake.

Ayame wins by KO in 1:20.

Flash Flood vs. Tidal Wave II

The two water-themed bots circle around each other. Flash Flood looks to outflank using its speed, Tidal wave keeping the front facing forward at all costs. Flash Flood does have enough of a speed advantage to achieve its goal eventually, and gets a good slam in, but the fight doesn

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:23 pm

<big><big><big><big>WEEK 3 (continued)</big></big></big></big>

Devil's Verdict vs. Lunatic Udonge

Another classic case of not much interesting going on for a little while&#33; LU is trying to avoid going directly at the dustpan and DV only cares about keeping the dustpan pointed at LU. Even with strafing to contend with, DV is able to keep the dustpan front and center for decent while. Eventually LU has to try his luck with angling in and just barely manages to get under the edge of the dustpan. Unfortunately it

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:12 pm

<big><big><big><big>WEEK 4</big></big></big></big>

Bluebot vs. Mushroom Cloud

All right, so we have two new bots here with pretty good records so far. So who'll come out top today?

Bluebot doesn't bother with the formalities and just comes straight out of Mushroom Cloud, who decides that he doesn't want to face the drum and backs off. Hoo boy. We're in for a treat. Although when I say treat, I mean like those licorice candies people give during Hallowe'en. Unless you like licorice, in which case eat a dick. :V Anyway Mushroom Cloud is trying to get around the beater of Bluebot and, though Bluebot threatens to gyro a little, he stays stable. At last Bluebot finds an opening, aggressively cuts Mushroom Cloud off and smacks him as he's trying to get around Bluebot. Mushroom Cloud goes flying onto his back but self-rights quickly. He's not fast enough to escape however and gets knocked over again. We get a few more of these hits before Mushroom Cloud scurries outta there. He's not keen on any more gymnastics. Syl is now trying everything he can to get around the beater, and finally, Mushroom Cloud pounces upon the corner and just barely manages to snag it. Bluebot tries to get out of there but it's not happening, son, and Syl follows through with a toss. Oh hell, Bluebot's on his back. What happens now? Gulden tries to drive straight at the wall to attempt to flip himself back over. Well, okay. Mushroom Cloud is in hot pursuit, and while Bluebot does actually fling himself back over, Mushroom Cloud is there to wrong that right. Flip. Another flip does right Bluebot, but also sends him directly underneath the hammer, which comes down with extreme prejudice and almost completely flattens the right side tire. Sad to say that the hammer hit is the last bit of action we get, as the clock winds down and OWWWWWW&#33;&#33;&#33; Will you turn down the buzzer volume? I've got a headache.

Aggression: 8-7 Bluebot
Damage: 10-5 Mushroom Cloud
Strategy: 8-7 Mushroom Cloud

Mushroom Cloud wins by a 25-20 judges' decision.

The Servant's Assistant 4 vs. Eat Me Too

Well, here I was thinking that this was gonna be another epic match with scintillating action, hair-breadth escapes, cockamamie strategies, and (when we enter the tall grass) wild swings of momentum. Instead, the most important swings in this match are the swings of Eat Me Too

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:12 pm

<big><big><big><big>WEEK 4 (continued)</big></big></big></big>

Wedgelord vs. Duck King

Okay, I'll cut Duck King a small break here. Neon did mix up his Torque and Traction values, but for this match it practically means that Duck King plows into Wedgelord pretty much the whole match, without bothering to drive fancy. 6 torque helps the little fucker keep coming at Wedgelord, even though he never really gets under Brad's machine. Of course, 6 points of control disparity is still awful and Neon does mess up a fair amount, accidentally driving into the wall and several hazards, but the plucky duck remains plucky at the end of the match. Wedgelord meanwhile is sad that he didn't have many chances to deliver the duck to the hazards himself owing to that opponent's spastic drive.

Aggression: 10-5 Duck King
Damage: 11-4 Wedgelord
Strategy: 8-7 Wedgelord

Wedgelord wins by a 24-21 judges' decision.

Cutthroat vs. America Offline

Flanking side hammers isn't a good idea at the best of times, less so when they're no slower than you. AO finds this out first-hand as Cutthroat gets grabby with its boxy foe, and AO begins flailing that hammer&#33; Cutthroat seems insistent on keeping a hold of it, though, carrying it over to the hammers for a trifecta of axe-based assault.

AO goes head-on for the next charge, and does manage to get underneath, whacking away at the lifter with its hammer, but Cutthroat pushes it back while doing so, and manages to pin it against the wall for a while, bringing its side hammers in for good measure. AO continues hammering at its opponent, but when the two break contact, Cutthroat is still looking in pretty good nick.

Cutthroat wins out the next time, repeating the clamp-2-hazards approach, with AO's hammering managing to bend one of the arms on its opponent noticeably, but the movement doesn't seem to be impeded just yet. Both bots still intact, still mobile and still going all guns blazing by the buzzer, though, so to the judges we go.

Aggression: 8-7 Cutthroat
Damage: 8-7 America Offline
Strategy: 10-5 Cutthroat

Cutthroat takes a 25-20 Judges' Decision

Neglected Waterbug vs. Narsiccistic Hot-Shot

The Waterbug wasn't the neglected one here.

Neglected Waterbug wins by a forfeit.

Chad the Inhaler vs. Sinmill

Despite the massive 11 point weapon to opponent armour ratio, Sinmill is somehow completely unable to kill Chad the Inhaler. Oh. Until the last hit. Near the end of the match. Clutch kill. :V

Sinmill wins by a knockout in 2:59.

Lunatic Udonge vs. Flandre Scarlet

Non-invertible power spinner meets bricky mecanum flipper.

Non-invertible power spinner is inverted by bricky mecanum flipper.

Bricky mecanum flipper wins by KO in 0:43

Flashback vs. Devil's Verdict

Well, at this point these bots are fighting to avoid a winless record. One of them will avoid that fate this week&#33;

Both bots are very cautious at first. Flashback advances forward and keeps the wedge pressed, while Devil

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:33 pm

<big><big><big><big>WEEK 5</big></big></big></big>

Witness Me&#33; vs. Bluebot

Witness Me&#33; gets under the front of Bluebot early in the match and gives it a flip. It's a low-powered flipper, so Bluebot isn't flipped all the way over, but Witness Me&#33; gets back under it again from the side and does get it over. Bluebot drives over to the floor flipper to right itself with WM&#33; hot on its heels. The floor flipper proceeds to send the lightweight Bluebot flying through the air, and the hard landing dents the corner of its plow. This proves to doom its chances of getting underneath Witness Me&#33; for the remainder of the match, and WM&#33; flips it again and again. Mole does get cocky near the end and takes a hit from Bluebot's still-functional spinner while Bluebot is inverted, but it doesn't do very much damage.

The judges decide:
Damage: 10-5 Witness Me&#33;
Strategy: 8-7 Witness Me&#33;
Aggression: 9-6 Witness Me&#33;

Witness Me&#33; wins 27-18.

Hoarfrost vs. Tidal Wave II

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:33 pm

<big><big><big><big>WEEK 5 (continued)</big></big></big></big>

Narsiccistic Hot-Shot vs. Wedgelord

Wedgelord wins by FF

Devil's Verdict vs Hazardous Waste Removal

Kode sets their bot up in the arena- wait, that's not a dustpan. Why has Kode put a pile of spent nuclear fuel on DV's dustpan? Whilst everyone nopes the fuck out of the studio, Gabe has just enough time to make HWR spin up and move forwards, which drives them into the dustpan and smashes up the back of the pan. DV's doesn't get moving after that.

Hazardous Waste Removal wins by KO in 0:31, Kode is arrested for possession of nuclear waste.

Flandre Scarlett vs. Flashback

Well yeah, this kinda sorta really sucks for Hii lol. The vertical spinner on Flashback isn

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:41 am

<big><big><big><big>WEEK 6</big></big></big></big>

Tidal Wave II vs. Nervous Wedge Boy

You know in sports when that one timorous person suddenly snaps and goes ballistic on everyone? That basically happens here, NWB is so terrified of being hit by Tidal Wave's fearsome drum that it manages to bulldoze and slam it all about the arena in a shocking display of pure aggression. Hammers, spinners, bumpers, slams into the wall, Tidal Wave gets a little bit of everything until it eventually fizzles to a mildly smoking halt.

Nervous Wedge Boy wins by KO in 1:56

La Valette vs. GREEN BRICK

GREEN BRICK IS A RACECAR VRRRRRRRRRRRRRR whoa look at that he actually hit La Valette. La Valette goes flying BUT SO DOES GREEN BRICK LIKE IT CRASHED INTO ANOTHER CAR SPINSPINSPINSPINSPIN WHEEEEEEEEE. And from there he seems to be having major driving problems&#33; LIKE SOMEONE COVERED HIS WHEELS IN OIL. DRIFT. WHEEEEEEEEEE. Now La Valette isn't the most controlled bot himself but he seems to have all the grace and dexterity of a professional ice skater compared to GREEN FUCKING RACECAR ERRRRRRRRRRRRR OUCH. GREEN BRICK DROVE INTO THE PADDLES. WHICH SEND HIM TUMBLING OVER AND OVER. And... he's on his side. Alex looks on bemusedly as Noah keeps making NASCAR sound effects. Perhaps he'll be a professional beatboxer someday.

La Valette wins by a knockout in 1:44.

Bluebot vs Eat Me Too

:v: spins up quickly, whilst Bluebot moves to get in close, and... stops, inches from that deadly spinning blade. And waits. And continues waiting... Just imagine the Jeopardy theme playing here. Eventually, :v: starts spinning down a bit to reposition, as this is clearly getting too dull for everyone. Bluebot takes the opportunity, and pushes :v: into the wall, smashing up their body significantly with the drum as they get thrown into the wall. :v: doesn't look like it's doing too hot at all, but manages to speed off and spin up again. Bluebot tries the same strategy, but gets just a little too close and takes a huge hit, the entire front of the machine almost completely torn off. Bluebot isn't moving any more, whilst :v: does a victory spin.

Eat Me Too wins by KO in 1:42.

Sir Morphsalot vs. Witness Me&#33;

We're really doing the RP word quota wonders, aren't we boys? Well whatever. Witness Me&#33;'s massive drivetrain advantage pretty much pays dividends and allows him to throw Sir Morphsalot around the arena. He didn't say anything about hazards but I'm going to assume that Riley had them in mind at least, and one pulverizer trip pretty much cripples Morphsalot to the point where he's easily sent back in again. And again. And then blunt force trauma. And then death.

Witness Me&#33; wins by a knockout in 1:55.

Ayame vs. Mushroom Cloud

You know what happens when you RP late? HUH? YOU JUST MADE THE LIST&#33; Eh whatever. No ones doing much interesting so a write up isn

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:41 am

<big><big><big><big>WEEK 6 (continued)</big></big></big></big>

Hazardous Waste Removal vs. Flandre Scarlett

Well I guess Zach kinda gave up on this one. Flandre half-heartedly stumbles out of its square as Heavy Weapons Robot lopes out even more slowly. IT COSTS &#036;400,000 TO SPIN THIS WEAPON... FOR 12 SECONDS. And in that 12 seconds, we get a fantastical collision which sees one of Flandre's hammers get nearly torn right off, hanging on by just a piece of bent metal. CRY SOME MORE. HWR is pretty much fine, though one of the teeth has a tiny chip in it. Flandre is pretty much unstable now so Zach quickly throws in the towel to spare his robot any further damage while Gabe takes a bite out of his Sandvich. DON'T RUN, IT'S JUST HAM.

Hazardous Waste Removal wins by a technical knockout (NIESCH) in 0:42.

Neglected Waterbug vs. Chad the Inhaler

Fitting I

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:29 pm

<big><big><big><big>WEEK 7</big></big></big></big>

The Servant's Assistant 4 vs. La Valette

La Valette braces himself, anticipating a box rush I suppose, but it doesn

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:30 pm

<big><big><big><big>WEEK 7 (continued)</big></big></big></big>

Cutthroat vs. Neglected Waterbug

Cutthroat tries to outflank first while Waterbug just goes straight forward. Waterbug gets under and gives a fling. Cutthroat takes only a small fling though

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:00 am

<big><big><big><big>TIE-BREAK WEEK</big></big></big></big>

Nick's Fuzzy Rules vs Experiment 626

Both bots rush at eachother, NFR managing to win the wedge war, catching 626 with the POLISHING WHEEL OF DOOM as they take them under the Pulveriser, which dents up Stitch's eye after a few hits. Ouch. After managin to escape, 626 mounts an assault, catching the side of NFR and shoving them back a bit, before NFR manages to twist and retaliate, shoving 626 back into the wall. The fight progresses in more or less the same way for the rest of the match, with NFR remaining on top for most of it. Doesn't get a KO before the buzzer ends the match, but still a fairly dominant display throughout.

Aggression: 8-7 Experiment 626
Damage: 9-6 Nick's Fuzzy Rules
Strategy: 9-6 Nick's Fuzzy Rules

Your winner, by a 25-20 judge's decision, is Nick's Fuzzy Rules&#33;

Klarinette vs. Charybdis

Not short, not sweet. Klarinette rams, Charybdis pinballs. The first hit does some major damage to Klarinette's scoop, but Charybdis struggles to get to full speed after that because Klarinette just keeps coming at it. We do get some very nearly full speed hits and even a couple more full speed ones, but Klarinette refuses to be knocked out and just keeps coming. Eventually Charybdis bounces into an area it can't escape from and Klarinette manages to pin it under the hammer for an extended period of time. Which is 15 seconds until the end of the match.

Aggression: 15-0 Klarinette
Damage: 14-1 Charybdis
Strategy: 9-6 Charybdis

Charybdis wins by a 23-22 split judges' decision.

Lulver vs. Diablo Genesis

FIGHT ROBOTS FIGHT&#33; Lulver revs up while Diablo Genesis floors it ASAP. Lulver's looking to smack those support bars off, but DG's coming at it like a bat out of hell, and he's not gonna take it&#33; He then proceeds to do this novelty strategy of drive in -> angle in -> tip lifter up a bit -> imitate that flipagram roast laugh as Lulver gets gyro'd away. You know the one. Lulver gets bounced around the arena a lot, but w0lf's aware that he can't risk getting the body hit. Oddly enough, Lulver never ends up under the pulverizer like it's opponent had wanted, but the constant rattling gives it a bit of shaken baby syndrome. Diablo Genesis seems to have mostly come out fine too, with it's strategy working out well. Well, except for that one time where it didn't work out too well and a couple of the bars get torn off like cardboard tubes, along with the lifter starting to wobble with each movement. But... the remaining 45 seconds prove to be too short for Lulver to really take advantage of it, nor is DG's drivetrain majorly affected. Let's go to the judges&#33;

Aggression: 9-6 Diablo Genesis
Damage: 9-6 Lulver
Strategy: 9-6 Diablo Sega Genesis

Diablo Genesis wins by a 24-21 judge's decision.

Killing Intent vs. Patchouli

Short RPs? Short result. Patchouli is able to prevent KI's flanking attempts with strafing, landing a couple of decent drum hits. KI self-rights with its attack stick, and this times bullrushes the drum, but Patchouli is able to outwedge it and send Patchouli head over heels. Again the axebot self-rights, and continues its charge, but can't find a way past Patchouli's drum, and takes a lot of hits throughout the three minutes without being able to give much in return.

Aggression: 9-6 Killing Intent
Damage: 14-1 Patchouli
Strategy: 11-4 Patchouli

Patchouli wins 31-14

Magnolia Grande vs. Meanstreak

All right, well Meanstreak II has come into the arena already looking a bit worse for wear: apparently Laz decided to make some last second modifications and mount some blunt skids that stick out less to avoid Magnolia Grande