Playlistapalooza!

Get with the beats, the riffs, the harmony, or if you wanna go to hell, Phil Collins.
StevenMcG

Playlistapalooza!

Post by StevenMcG » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:39 am

This section needs more love.

Here then is an all-purpose thread for a subject that I'm surprised hasn't cropped up yet; the art of the playlist. A place for swapping ideas on general mix-tapes, themed compilations, customised Best Ofs and (my personal favourite) alternate album tracklists.

To get the ball rolling, I know we have quite a few metalheads in the audience tonight. How about a mythical Metallica album that attempts to sqeeze Load and Reload onto a single CD?

UNLOAD (1997)
1. Fuel
2. Ain't My Bitch
3. The Memory Remains
4. Devil's Dance
5. Better Than You
6. Until It Sleeps
7. King Nothing
8. Wasting My Hate
9. The Unforgiven II
10. Hero of the Day
11. Prince Charming
12. Attitude
13. The Outlaw Torn

TOTAL RUNTIME: 1:08:10

I was going for a rough Black Album II vibe, even to the point of tweaking each track in Audacity to put them into E-tuning. Except Devil's Dance. That sounds just fine in D. :cool:

If that doesn't float your boat, how about a deluxe David Bowie album that incorporates the No Plan EP into Blackstar?

BLACKSTAR: FIVE-STAR EDITION (2016)
1. Blackstar
2. Tis a Pity She Was a Whore
3. Lazarus
4. Killing A Little Time
5. Sue (Or in a Season of Crime)
6. When I Met You
7. Girl Loves Me
8. No Plan
9. Dollar Days
10. I Can't Give Everything Away

TOTAL RUNTIME: 52:51

No joke, this is the only way I can hear Blackstar now.

Then there's the whole "What if the Beatles never split up?" challenge, but...well, that's another thread altogether.

So, c'mon. Share, share, share!
"Eat, drink and be merry - for tomorrow, you may catch some disgusting skin disease!"
~ Edmund Blackadder