Kody's render thread

Get your creative juices flowing and submit your own media, art, ariticles, or whatever you think people will find at least mildly entertaining to this site. We promote intelligence.
That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Kody's render thread

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:14 pm

yep

SHW concept idea I had. Obviously the final thing would NOT have turned out like that. This is based off an idea Frank Goacher had on the FRA Forums, a three-way "gimble mechanism" clamper, where all the claws/arms are connected and would close in at once. The "gimble" would allow the top arm to come in to clamp even if the other two arms are stalled...at least, from my understanding of it. Also, thanks to Imageshack's new rules, you're probably unable to see it. I'll fix this up later... <_<

A HW vertical spinner. This WAS going to be the SHW called Creeping Death, but I started this concept like years ago, and only finished it recently. On FRA it's named after another video game character. :P If possible, I could re-colour and enter it here in another tourney as I intended to.

Preliminary render of a british featherweight (13.6kg) I was going to build some years back, but dropped due to money and other personal problems. It has its flipping arm slightly raised in this pic. 4WD wedge with side spikes and a rear scoop.

Render of a fairyweight in progress. I have the drive/weapon motors, batteries, and armour for it right now (thanks to Dave Weston and Joey McC ^^). I need a few more parts but those will have to wait for now, because of reasons stated with Altitude above.

And that's that for now. :)
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

NFX

Kody's render thread

Post by NFX » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:21 am

SHW is an interesting concept. Not too sure how effective it'll be without a way of getting under the opponent, though. Might kick itself up a bit much.

HW VS looks very nice indeed, though. Reminds me of Sump Thing for some reason. Not sure about what the spikes on the wheels are for, but still looks schweet.

LW Flipper looks nice. It might have done well if it had been completed, maybe, with the plow on the back to help fend off spinners.

Fairyweight looks very interesting. I don't know if I've seen any sub-lightweight renders like this before, apart from MikeNCR on GTM.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

That Kode Guy

Kody's render thread

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:12 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Jan 17 2012&#44; 05:21 AM</dd></dl><div>SHW is an interesting concept. Not too sure how effective it'll be without a way of getting under the opponent, though. Might kick itself up a bit much.[/quote]

You see, I wasn't sure if putting a wedge on there would've been a good idea because then it makes the side arms a bit less effective, unless the arms go fully past the wedge, and that would make them really exposed.

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Jan 17 2012&#44; 05:21 AM</dd></dl><div>HW VS looks very nice indeed, though. Reminds me of Sump Thing for some reason. Not sure about what the spikes on the wheels are for, but still looks schweet.[/quote]

The wheel spikes are mostly there to protect the hubs from spinners, but maybe for a bit of flair too. :P

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Jan 17 2012&#44; 05:21 AM</dd></dl><div>FW Flipper looks nice. It might have done well if it had been completed, maybe, with the plow on the back to help fend off spinners.[/quote]

Hehe. If I would have found any robot competitions around the Toronto area, maybe so. Not sure how they'd deal with a 13.6kg one though. I'd have more "success" flying over to Britain and competing in Roaming Robots. :P

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Jan 17 2012&#44; 05:21 AM</dd></dl><div>Fairyweight looks very interesting. I don't know if I've seen any sub-lightweight renders like this before, apart from MikeNCR on GTM.[/quote]

It's kind of based off Surgeon General, my favourite Battlebot spinner, and a real fairyweight called VariANT.

Thanks for the comments. :)

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Kody's render thread

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:26 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Jan 17 2012&#44; 12:12 PM</dd></dl><div> It's kind of based off Surgeon General, my favourite Battlebot spinner, and a real fairyweight called VariANT. [/quote]
Wait, that MY favorite BB spinner... GAAHHHH GET OUT OF MY HEAD&#33;&#33;&#33;
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

That Kode Guy

Kody's render thread

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:29 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Jan 17 2012&#44; 12:26 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Jan 17 2012&#44; 12:12 PM</dd></dl><div> It's kind of based off Surgeon General, my favourite Battlebot spinner, and a real fairyweight called VariANT. [/quote]
Wait, that MY favorite BB spinner... GAAHHHH GET OUT OF MY HEAD&#33;&#33;&#33; [/quote]
O_O

NFX

Kody's render thread

Post by NFX » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:11 pm

I was thinking more of a spatula-type scoop to get underneath opponents with, rather than a steep wedge. slightly similar to what Terminus and Jinx have already, only longer. Perhaps RA2 has corrupted my brain.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle

That Kode Guy

Kody's render thread

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:14 pm

That kind of reminds me of Splinter from RW...it could work. I'll mess around with that render more. Danke schon.

That Kode Guy

Kody's render thread

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:29 pm

And without further ado, here's the infamous beer mug from Slasher vs. Pin(t)point

I know I could've made it better, but even so I'm quite happy with how it turned out. :)

NFX

Kody's render thread

Post by NFX » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:00 pm

Awesome. The handle looks a bit too transparent for some reason.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

RoBattle

That Kode Guy

Kody's render thread

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:53 pm

It's because I can't render properly. :v:

Also:

Wedginator X, GIF-style. Obviously you can tell I left internals out. :P

NFX

Kody's render thread

Post by NFX » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:00 am

I love those wheels for some reason. This sort of view makes it look a lot more like Gravity from Series 7 of RW.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

RoBattle

That Kode Guy

Kody's render thread

Post by That Kode Guy » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:30 am

Danke. I might do more 360 views in the future.

MadBull

Kody's render thread

Post by MadBull » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:35 pm

I forgot all about that vertical spinner, I find vertical spinners look awesome in general, I find axlebots look awesome in general

yours is no exception, nice

That Kode Guy

Kody's render thread

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:14 pm

In-progress shot of a flipperbot about to be used. Its initials are C H. Guess.

Also, fuck Imageshack.

Sparkey989

Kody's render thread

Post by Sparkey989 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:19 pm

Is it a vampire?

Oh and use imgur if you want to be master race.