We Are Marshall

Talk about anything relating to the "boob tube" or the "silver screen".
Toxic

We Are Marshall

Post by Toxic » Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:22 pm

I've been wanting to see this movie ever since I found out about it back in April.

It tells the story of how Jack Lengyel rebuilt the Marshall University football program after a plane crash in 1970 killed 75 people,including all the players,entire coaching coaching staff,and several boosters.

I saw it today 2nd showing at our theater,and boy,can I say it lived up to the media hype.This movie is really,really good.It started out a bit slow,but soon got me on the edge of my seat for the next 2 hours.I won't say what happened if anybody hasn't seen it yet,but its good. I give it a 9.5/10.

Just gives me even more reason to go there.

Fish Of Doom

We Are Marshall

Post by Fish Of Doom » Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:55 am

This has nothing to do with the film, but I just cannot take a movie seriously that markets itself as a "good" movie. The way the trailer is edited, it basically is grabbing me and saying "this movie is supposed to be good"

Shadywhtboy22

We Are Marshall

Post by Shadywhtboy22 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:55 am

I don't know. It seems like one of those movies where you know exactly what's going to happen in the next few minutes. I mean, I can see it following that old formula for sports movies. Rag tag group of players, getting their asses kicked early on, then they get motivated, start kicking everyone else's ass, then they beat the first team that beat them, everyone celebrates, the end.

I think I liked it better with the Mighty Ducks.

Fish Of Doom

We Are Marshall

Post by Fish Of Doom » Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:23 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Shadywhtboy22</dt><dd>Dec 23 2006&#44; 06:55 AM</dd></dl><div> I don't know. It seems like one of those movies where you know exactly what's going to happen in the next few minutes. I mean, I can see it following that old formula for sports movies. Rag tag group of players, getting their asses kicked early on, then they get motivated, start kicking everyone else's ass, then they beat the first team that beat them, everyone celebrates, the end.

I think I liked it better with the Mighty Ducks. [/quote]
The Big Green is my personal fave for that formula.

NO2

We Are Marshall

Post by NO2 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:45 pm

i prob. wont see this because it relates to Marshall.

oh yeah and adam, i'm gonna have to track you down and beat you for:

1) having a Marshall avatar thing
2) considering going to Marshall
3) wearing various Marshall apparel

Toxic

We Are Marshall

Post by Toxic » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:20 pm

=P

Yeah,so they suck at sports....they have a good band,haha.And besides,2 time division 1-AA National Champions,5 straight bowl wins,4 straight MAC championships...things are slowly starting to get better in huntington as far as football in concerned.

And if your still in school,see ya at the marshall/wvu game fall 08.(See,i've been gone so long,I can't remember how old everybody is)

StarlessSoldier

We Are Marshall

Post by StarlessSoldier » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:49 am

He's like a year older than you. I gotta say though, Marshall sucks. The only reason to even visit Huntington is to fuck strippers.