Metal Munching Maniacs

Talk about anything relating to the "boob tube" or the "silver screen".
StarlessSoldier

Metal Munching Maniacs

Post by StarlessSoldier » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:10 am

For those of you that don't know, Robert Woodard produced a series of DVD's for the RFL. There are four in the series (that I know of). They include the 2003 Nationals, Robot Club & Grill, and Robot Assault. The fourth one is just a compilation of the most destructive fights from the other three called Gourmet Damage. You can see alot of the included fights on youtube but the DVD's are much better picture quality. Being that I have no access to youtube here and I have a butt-ton of money I went ahead and bought the 3 event DVD's and the 1999 Battlebots pay-per-view on amazon. You can also get the 4 MMM DVD's on Robotcombat.com for 50 bucks if you want a discount for all 4...

Overall I was very pleased with the DVD's. There are even builder interviews and fun facts about the bots and builders. You might not want to spend money for what you can see on youtube but I recommend at least checking out the Gourmet Damage DVD; seeing Shrederator, REDRUM, and The Judge in action is a real treat. Since I got the 1999 PPV too, it was amazing to see how far the bots have come in just a few years.

Overall I give the series an 8/10. A great collection to have for any robot combat fan.

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Metal Munching Maniacs

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:29 am

I think Chris actually got those a while back. They were pretty entertaining.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Area51Escapee

Metal Munching Maniacs

Post by Area51Escapee » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:10 am

Yeah, I got those awhile back and then Josh stole half of my collection :P

They are very fun and, ironically enough, I was just thinking of watching them again soon. Good fights and I finally got to see some designs in action like Max Wedge that I heard a lot about. I think Hworf was in it, too? But yeah, very good thing for those that can afford it.

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Metal Munching Maniacs

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:01 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Area51Escapee</dt><dd>Mar 31 2010&#44; 10:10 AM</dd></dl><div> Yeah, I got those awhile back and then Josh stole half of my collection :P [/quote]
An outrage&#33; You left those two at my house the time you brought them over to watch. :P
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.