RFN Mini - Neophyte Redglare V. Lethal Carriageway III

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

winternimbus
Team: Team Foxtrot Uniform

RFN Mini - Neophyte Redglare V. Lethal Carriageway III

Post by winternimbus » Wed Jul 05, 2023 4:52 pm

NEOPHYTE REDGLARE - 7/6/4/3 (2 wedge/top lifting forks)/10 (+2 front wedge system)

LETHAL CARRIAGEWAY III - 7/7/2/2/12

going w/ my standard config here

this is going to be interesting to work with, while i have better torque and acceleration here bc of that, TBR has better control w/ their traction and speed. our weapons are also matched with speed--but i do have more versatility w/ my lifting wedge and top forks, so that's something i'm going to have to use. that's not to say TBR doesn't have versatility w/ their weapon either, i'm not worried about getting lifted by their forks, i'm concerned about LCIII's forks being used as a clamp that they can ensnare me with and take control of the match from there.

because i have 8 points of armor on everywhere that isn't my front wedge system, i'm expecting that TBR will capitalize on it w/ the wall drum later on in the fight in order to severely damage and/or KO me, so i will have to stay away from that, and steer them away from the hazards if i'm caught on their forks as i'm trying to drive out from being wrangled by them

i'm going under the assumption that their wedge is hinged from the drawing, so while i may or may not win the wedge wars, i will win the pushing war due to my torque advantage over them. because their rear wheels don't stick out the back like mine, i may be able to strand them on the angled wedges of the arena? i'm going to have to use my acceleration to my advantage in order to stay ontop of them and circle them and go in for the kill--but watch as they will try to thwart my angling in and wedging

now, i want to keep them pinned at the walls of the arena and to keep the fight towards the walls of the arena, use my front wedge to lift them up--and once i have them up, keep them pinned against the wall with my front lifting forks, as i put my wedge down sewer snake-style. (i probably worded that poorly though :v) overall, be aggressive, keep control of the fight in my favor, beach them, try to high-center them, keep them on my wedge and lifter as much as i possibly can and maybe flip them over that way w/ my top forks

if i DO get flipped, self-right with my front forks and wedge as i drive away towards the center of the arena as i do some acrobatics, possibly hang around the hazards. probably wouldn't be a bad idea to hang around the hazards and bait them as i do so anyways even if i'm not flipped

gl TBR!
winter! she/they/it pronouns, trans rights babey!

ROBOT FIGHT NIGHT: MINI
Break Dash - 1-1
Neophyte Redglare - 1-1

Neophyte Redglare - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals, Cherry Bomb Classic 3 Quarter-Finals
America Offline - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals

"I'm curious what tactical advantage you're hoping to gain by sacrificing a portion of your bots size/weight for a deployable banana"
-NWOWWE, 2017

British-Robotics

Re: RFN Mini - Neophyte Redglare V. Lethal Carriageway III

Post by British-Robotics » Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:24 pm

Lethal Carriageway: Speed: 7, Traction: 7, Armour: 12, Weapon: 2 (Lifting Forks), Torque: 2

Neophyte: SPEED - 7 | TRACTION - 6 | TORQUE - 4 | WEAPON - 3 (2 front wedge / 2 top lifting forks)| ARMOR - 10 (+2 front wedge system)

Ok, so our stats are close, however I feel that Neophyte has a glaring weakness which would be that it’s torque would potentially make them skid a little around the arena. Lethal has grippy wheels so I may have the edge in this battle if these scenarios do happen.

Now Neophyte’s side panels are another weakness that I can also exploit, as it has mostly flat sides where my forks can expose the ground clearance.

Now at the start of the match, I immediately must stay patient and cautious, I’ll slightly raise my forks at a 45-degree angle. I need to force Neophyte with some errors and keep on the chase at the early stages, get back to leave some space and stay within the arena.

If I manage to catch Neophyte, clamp down the forks and take them to the hammers or kill saws. Or when the drums are finally activated take them there too.

I leave my forks low to the ground as much as possible to be precautious in case the wedge battle doesn't work out

Good luck and may the best robot win :)