RFN: Mini - Spares & Repairs vs Voltage

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

British-Robotics

RFN: Mini - Spares & Repairs vs Voltage

Post by British-Robotics » Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:22 pm

Spares & Repairs Speed: 4 Traction: 2 Torque: 1 Weapon: 16 Armour: 7

Voltage Speed: 6 Traction: 6 Torque: 2 Weapon: 4 Armor: 12

Spares’ weapon takes time to spin up so I’ll quickly go for the box rush and get right under him, once my flipper is under Spares, flip him immediately in hope invert him,

Ok, Spares has flat sides on its chassis meaning that it should be easy for my weapon to get under and flip him, Spare’s weapon is a threat but with my Speed and Traction advantage but stick to being aggressive

Use my flipper wisely and not “trigger happy" just to protect the mechanism of my flipper from Spares blade, go for the hammer or the killsaws t get some damage points, oh and some nice slamming against the arena walls on Spares

GL and may the best robot win

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Re: RFN: Mini - Spares & Repairs vs Voltage

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:40 pm

Spares or Repairs: Speed: 4 Traction: 2 Torque: 1 Weapon: 16 Armour: 7
Voltage: Speed: 6 Traction: 6 Torque: 2 Weapon: 4 Armor: 12

Start off the match by spinning up my weapon as soon as I can, approaching his robot gradually as my blade gets up to speed, ready to meet him towards the centre of the ring.

His wedge doesn't really have any sloped bits at the side to deflect hits, just a flat surface which my spinner will really be able to just dig into and cause some nasty damage, four points per hit! I'm hoping to use these massive hits to my advantage, approaching him with my spinner at a slight angle to encourage hitting the side parts of his wedge, using the force of the hit to deflect us both away from one another, meaning I have sufficient space to keep my weapon up at full speed. Enough of these big hits should have a catastrophic effect on his robot as the match goes on.

I'll try my best to keep this match in the middle of the arena, away from all of the hazards and other nasties whilst focusing on the important part of keeping my weapon facing him at all times. His speed is only 2 points above mine so whilst I am not winning any races against him, I should have ample speed to keep a bit of difference if I need to get my blade back up to speed.

With such a large spinning bar, it means he will no doubt have to engage with it from almost every angle if he wants to get underneath me and if he chooses to fire his flipper whilst my spinner is going, it could have a catastrophic effect against himself. As long as the weapon is spinning, it will be difficult for him to control me with such a low robot that I can drive over if need be due to his lack of stoppers. The bevelled edges on the sides of his robot could also mean my bar is able to slip underneath his sides and chew on those juicy wheels of his if I am able to get to them with my angled approach. If I'm flipped then it means I have an even better chance of chewing on those tyres from the top!

Best of luck HFL!
"The moment you think you'll crash, you will" - Tony Pond
Team Captain of the IRL team, Kings Heath Colliders Robotics and Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat
Accolades
The New Blood: Joint 3rd with Raccoon XL
ROBOTS 3: Featherweight Quarter-Finalist with HardWired III
ROBOTS 3: Middleweight Quarter-Finalist with Der Adder
ROBOTS 3: Heavyweight Semi-Finalist with Night Jackal III
Cherry Bomb Classic 4: Featherweight Semi-Finalist with I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto
Cherry Bomb Classic 4: Heavyweight Semi-Finalist and Annihilator joint winner with Xtreme pneumatiX
Rumble In Da Jungle: Event Champion with Avanti!
ROBOTS 4: Featherweight Semi-Finalist with I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto
ROBOTS 4: Lightweight Semi-Finalist with Avanti!