RFN Mini - Break Dash V. Front Towards Enemy

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

winternimbus
Team: Team Foxtrot Uniform

RFN Mini - Break Dash V. Front Towards Enemy

Post by winternimbus » Mon May 29, 2023 12:55 am

BREAK DASH - 7/7/4/2/10 (+2 front wedge)

FRONT TOWARD ENEMY - 3/2/1/16/8

using my ABR plow for this one

yipee !!! i get to fight the big fuckoff murderdeath horizontal first round

FTE is surprisingly scary because *any* hit on me that it lands on me can and will be catastrophic, especially to the rest of my robot, so i'll have to keep it in mind as i fight. because of this, i'm going to try to keep my front plow pointed towards them as much as i can.

the biggest thing is that i'm also going to have to smother them as much as possible, they're likely expecting me to box rush them and will slink away from me w/ that dastard mecanum drive of theirs, so adjust and adapt accordingly. i do have the outrageous speed advantage here so this might not be *as* much of a worry to me. still. FTE is nothing to sneeze at

i will box rush them despite that :V, apart from all that.--as i mentioned, i'll try to smother them as much as possible, and i'll try to take them from their behind, lift my scoop up in order to get their weapon to bank off of the arena floor. i'll also attempt to pin them against the arena walls, preferably under the big time hammers. if i can, i'll try to pin them and stand them up on it's UHMW wheelguards in order to get it to be counted out.

apart from that, the first rule of fight club is to have fun and be yourself, and also watch out if your mecanum-drive opponent will try to slink away

gl HFL!
winter! she/they/it pronouns, trans rights babey!

ROBOT FIGHT NIGHT: MINI
Break Dash - 1-1
Neophyte Redglare - 1-1

Neophyte Redglare - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals, Cherry Bomb Classic 3 Quarter-Finals
America Offline - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals

"I'm curious what tactical advantage you're hoping to gain by sacrificing a portion of your bots size/weight for a deployable banana"
-NWOWWE, 2017

Hooray For Lexan

Re: RFN Mini - Break Dash V. Front Towards Enemy

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:01 pm

Stats:

Break Dash 7/7/4/2/10 (+2 plow, I'm guessing the ABR one will get used here)

Front Toward Enemy: 3/2/1/16/8

Strats:

Aww yea its happenin baby

Disc config please, spinning clockwise.

I'm in the red square. Start facing right: do a quick 180 to the left with spinup torque + wheel movement as necessary and "strafe" forward out to my left to dodge a box rush. If Break Dash is keeping up spin 90 degrees CCW again so my weapon takes me the other direction and if I'm caught she hits my back, lifts the wheels and makes me clip the floor and toss myself away. If she whiffs make my way to the middle of the box.

When I'm at full speed, keep the weapon pointed at her and leisurely circlestrafe turn towards her a bit to glide in with the weapon: as she approaches use the strafe function erratically to juke in either direction and make it unpredictable where I hit in hopes of catching a corner on her plow. Avoid impact angles that will send me towards the wall drum: if she engages me from that direction try to strafe away or swing my chassis into her: me hitting the floor will be less predictable than hitting the wedge.

When I'm not at full speed: drive like a maniac. Swerve around in weird ways, take full advantage of my strafing ability to translate backwards and forwards even when the weapon isn't doing much, and use my chassis as bait / to block attacks as needed. #1 priority is not getting smothered or stuck on the wall drum. If I end up inverted and get pinned at an angle where the disc can spin freely, spin up to full speed. I hit hard enough that if I can keep hitting the plow at full speed, or catch a corner, I can seriously mess up her lifter and maybe eventually tear it off and/or break things in her chassis with shock damage.

Do NOT drive over the killsaw slots.