R5 Week 7 HWs: Compound Fracture vs. XTreme Pneumatix

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

R5 Week 7 HWs: Compound Fracture vs. XTreme Pneumatix

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:45 pm

Compound Fracture: 7 / 6 / 3 / 3 / 11 (+1 top plate)

Xtreme Pneumatix: 7 / 6 / 2 / 3 / 12

Anti-controlbot config with double-sided outriggers (not the sharp ones) please.
Stay aggressive, keep the front pointed at him, get in his face. Our drivetrains are about even, wedges should be too if he uses his chassis wedgelets, assuming I don’t just get my forks between them. If possible try to approach with a bit of an offset so only one of my forks interacts with his, giving me a better chance of slipping between them.

If I get under him, push forward immediately and be aggressive with the lifter. XP’s wheelie guard and static wedge sides sticking out way past the wheels mean a backwards or sideways tilt may high-center him pretty easily. Use my fast drive to slam him into the walls and flip him over. I’m skeptical that those ‘stopper horns’ are far enough forward that his heavy front wedge won’t make him faceplant immediately, and even if they don’t it’ll be a risk if he does any maneuvering while inverted. Keep making him self-right and/or try to shake free of my wedge to waste his gas supply, and chase him if he runs away while inverted. Flippers don’t retract instantly, which gives me a brief window to attack him after self-righting.

If I’m wedged, it’s pretty shallow and can’t high-center me. J-turn off it or raise my lifter and turn in place then gun it in either direction to ramp off to the side – mixing between these to make it harder to follow. Flipping me out in the open does nothing: I run perfectly both ways up. Get the wheels and lifter on the ground, maneuver to avoid any attempt at following up on a flip, and go right back on the attack.

I can control the match a lot longer than he can from getting under once. I want to play this pretty flashy though, with high-speed slams and flips to impress the judges. I don’t think hazards will do a ton, but hold him under the pulverizers if I get a chance, and obviously try to keep out of them myself.

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Re: R5 Week 7 HWs: Compound Fracture vs. XTreme Pneumatix

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:24 pm

I'll be using the many wedgelets with the long forks on the flipper.

Start off as aggressively as I usually do, barreling towards him at blazing speeds before carefully slowing down as we meet head to head. Those long forks of his are very mean but not impossible to get under and a lot of his weapon and it's supports jut out quite a bit which are perfect for me to slot my forks under and give him a nice toss. His high ground-clearance and high forks also means he is a lot more prone to being angled in on and as a 2wd robot I should be able to make sharp turns on the spot quicker. If he gets under me and my individually hinged wedgelets then it's not the end of the world, him being an electric lifter means his weapon isn't as instantaneous as mine, plus I have a lot of 'wheelie' room at the back so if I starts getting under me I should be able to put one of the wheels in reverse and slip off of his forks as he drives forward, leaving his sides open for a good flip. I'm hoping to chain my flips as usual, the constant tossing and turning meaning that it will be slower for him to react defensively to my tasks as I throw him around the arena, into the hazards and the walls to impress the judges. If I am flipped at any point in the match then I will self-right immediately, making sure I am facing him when I am right-side up again. If i can flip him into the corner then I will use my big wedge to ram him in and keep him in as the pulverizers rain down from above onto that big, rectangular body of his. No matter what happens, I will always face him and always remain aggressive, ready and waiting to get under him and flip him, tossing him into hazards whilst keeping a safe distance from them myself.

Best of luck HFL!
"The moment you think you'll crash, you will" - Tony Pond
Team Captain of the IRL team, Kings Heath Colliders Robotics and Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat
Accolades
The New Blood: Joint 3rd with Raccoon XL
ROBOTS 3: Featherweight Quarter-Finalist with HardWired III
ROBOTS 3: Middleweight Quarter-Finalist with Der Adder
ROBOTS 3: Heavyweight Semi-Finalist with Night Jackal III
Cherry Bomb Classic 4: Featherweight Semi-Finalist with I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto
Cherry Bomb Classic 4: Heavyweight Semi-Finalist and Annihilator joint winner with Xtreme pneumatiX
Rumble In Da Jungle: Event Champion with Avanti!
ROBOTS 4: Featherweight Semi-Finalist with I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto
ROBOTS 4: Lightweight Semi-Finalist with Avanti!