R5 Week 7 LWs: Flipkick vs. I Can't Believe it's Not Tanto

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

R5 Week 7 LWs: Flipkick vs. I Can't Believe it's Not Tanto

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:34 pm

Flipkick: 4 / 4 (effectively 3) / 1 / 12 / 9

I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto: 8 / 7 / 3 / 0 / 12

Using normal config.
Okay I’ve been trying to give people a good fight, but I’m fighting a 12-armor bot. Again. We all know what’s going to happen here.

For this match, I’m going to blatantly violate the configs rule by removing my disc and hose-clamping a HarborFreight electric chainsaw to my weapon arm instead. I’m also installing some LED bicycle spoke lights on my wheels so the judges think I'm rad and groovy.

Drive around and flail at him like a jackass for 3 minutes idk.

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Re: R5 Week 7 LWs: Flipkick vs. I Can't Believe it's Not Tanto

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:08 pm

Using the Big Friggin forks with heavy stoppers

Right off the bat I'll approach his robot as quickly and aggressively as I can to show some aggression to the judges but slowing down a little as I approach him so I don't make any silly mistakes. I'm hoping to use my massive speed advantage to angle in on him, using my forks to slot inbetween his wheels and 'hook onto him' and push him around the arena. If he tries thwacking from this position then he'll be hitting nothing but the floor as I parade him around the box, ramming him into walls and hopefully into the arena corners for a good pulverizing. He's a very strange vert but still a vert nonetheless and hopefully I can angle in on him enough with my speed to get to the side of those giant wheels, the wide space inbetween my wedgelets acting like a bit of a ditch so I can ram him some more. I want to impress the judges with control and aggression so I will be ruthless with my attacks, never letting up on him for one minute and hopefully scoring some damage points by bringing him into the hazards. If he comes at me spinner first then I will simply angle in on him, jamming my forks under his wheels and weapon supports for another big ram. Hopefully I'll be agile enough to avoid most of his thwacking attacks but if he does get a couple in then it shouldn't be a worry with my 12 armour all over. I'll always face him forks first, ready to attack him at all times.

Best of luck HFL
"The moment you think you'll crash, you will" - Tony Pond
Team Captain of the IRL team, Kings Heath Colliders Robotics and Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat
Accolades
The New Blood: Joint 3rd with Raccoon XL
ROBOTS 3: Featherweight Quarter-Finalist with HardWired III
ROBOTS 3: Middleweight Quarter-Finalist with Der Adder
ROBOTS 3: Heavyweight Semi-Finalist with Night Jackal III
Cherry Bomb Classic 4: Featherweight Semi-Finalist with I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto
Cherry Bomb Classic 4: Heavyweight Semi-Finalist and Annihilator joint winner with Xtreme pneumatiX
Rumble In Da Jungle: Event Champion with Avanti!
ROBOTS 4: Featherweight Semi-Finalist with I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto
ROBOTS 4: Lightweight Semi-Finalist with Avanti!