R5 Week 6 LW: Burning Blue vs I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

British-Robotics

R5 Week 6 LW: Burning Blue vs I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto

Post by British-Robotics » Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:21 pm

Burning Blue: Speed: 6 Traction: 6 Torque: 2 Weapon: 4 Armor: 12
I Can’t Believe It’s Not Tanto: Speed: 8 Traction: 7 Torque: 3 Weapon: 0 Armour: 12

So, I’m facing a weaponless and challenging bot, but Tanto does not have a weapon and I have the upper hand to get some points if I make it to a JD.

I want to carefully approach my opponent and immediately make sure to show the front of my bot in the hope to avoid getting caught underneath, if I, however, manage to get under Tanto and activate the flipper. The key in this match is to keep flipping Tanto and try to throw him to the screws in the hope to damage the wheels on Tanto.

Keep staying close to Tanto and don’t give any room to show any part of my bot except facing my front. If Tanto gets the opportunity to get to the sides of Burning Blue, immediately reverse away and bob and weave. Force Tanto some driving errors and catch him by using my flipper

I don’t want to be overly aggressive; Just stay calm and stay focused.

Good luck and may the best robot win :)

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Re: R5 Week 6 LW: Burning Blue vs I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:03 pm

I’ll be using my big friggin forks and heavy stoppers.

Start off the match by approaching his robot swiftly to show some aggression to the judges, slowing down a little as we meet as not to make any mistakes. I have the faster robot in both speed and acceleration so if he tries to angle in on me I can easily counter him and if he gets under me I can reverse away just fine. I hope to meet head to head on every occasion, this way I can use his low ground-clearance to my advantage and beach him on my forks with none of his wheels on the ground, meaning he is at the mercy of my control. If he manages to get under me then his flipper will be tossing at nothing but air when we meet head-on. I plan on ramming his robot into the corners of the arena, his big body shape being a prime target for the pulverisers and I’ll deposit him into the kilksaws as well on occasion to mix things up! His robot has no real stoppers either so thanks to my high ground-clearance, he will struggle to control me all that much as I can just drive over him. If he flips me then it’s no worry either, I’m symmetrical on both sides so should be able to just attack him again right away, even when flipped. I’ll keep facing him at all times forks-first, using my speed to my advantage, hoping to impressive the judges with superior aggression, control and hopefully damage with all the times I’ll be bringing him to the hazards.
Best of luck B-R!
"The moment you think you'll crash, you will" - Tony Pond
Team Captain of the IRL team, Kings Heath Colliders Robotics and Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat
Accolades
The New Blood: Joint 3rd with Raccoon XL
ROBOTS 3: Featherweight Quarter-Finalist with HardWired III
ROBOTS 3: Middleweight Quarter-Finalist with Der Adder
ROBOTS 3: Heavyweight Semi-Finalist with Night Jackal III
Cherry Bomb Classic 4: Featherweight Semi-Finalist with I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto
Cherry Bomb Classic 4: Heavyweight Semi-Finalist and Annihilator joint winner with Xtreme pneumatiX
Rumble In Da Jungle: Event Champion with Avanti!
ROBOTS 4: Featherweight Semi-Finalist with I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto
ROBOTS 4: Lightweight Semi-Finalist with Avanti!