R5 Week 6 HWs: Compound Fracture vs. Greenwar:

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

R5 Week 6 HWs: Compound Fracture vs. Greenwar:

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:54 am

Compound Fracture:
Speed: 7
Traction: 6
Torque: 3
Weapon: 3 (2 in anti-HS config)
Armor: 11 (+1 front wedge) in Anti-Vertical Config.

Greenwar:
Speed: 4
Traction: 2
Torque: 1
Weapon: 14
Armor: 9 (+2 front wedge)

Configs: Anti-vertical config for Compound Fracture

Strategy:
Rush across the arena aggressively, and see if I can catch Greenwar in the side while it’s running away trying to spin up. If that fails, then circle around him and force him to keep turning to face me. Greenwar isn’t the quickest or best controlled and it has to fight a pretty strong gyro effect so it may struggle to keep up without tipping sideways and losing traction, or making a panic-overcorrection one way or another. This weapon’s strong enough to be worth trying to get to the sides or corners. If it does come down to a head-on attack, point the central “shield” of my lifter at the discs.

Greenwar’s wedgelets are hinged, but they’re mounted on a fixed plow and have way less reach than me. Most of the time I should be able to slip under the plow. If I do, immediately lift and push. If there’s holes underneath the plow I might be able to hook onto it and drag him into hazards (in which case try to either get the killsaws to break a track or hold the exposed weapon chain / gearmotor for the srimech under a pulverizer), if there’s nothing to hold onto slam him into the wall with the lifter raised and try to flip him over. If it looks like he’s slipping off my wedge, lower the lifter and full-reverse the drive if he spins off me.

If Greenwar’s inverted, try to get to the sides or better yet, the rear while it self-rights: it shouldn’t be hard to high-center from those angles. Again, try to get it into the hazards and position it to target the vulnerable tracks, srimech motor, and weapon chain. If a track breaks engage carefully and try to bully it into a corner, if the srimech is damaged get it overturned as soon as I can, if the weapon chain breaks push him around and flip him over at my leisure.

I can survive a few frontal hits and hopefully not get the forks hit and bent. If one’s damaged enough to compromise my wedge-iness, try to angle myself slightly to lead with the other one and at least get a wedgelock where I can push him and possibly still lift and pin. If I get flipped over, run away before self-righting. If both forks are severely damaged, as a last resort lift them a little and see if I can get them to ride up the middle of his wedge and snipe the weapon chain between the discs.