R5 Week 6 SHWs: Boreas vs. Multicrap

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

R5 Week 6 SHWs: Boreas vs. Multicrap

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:52 am

Boreas:
Speed: 5
Traction: 4
Torque: 1
Weapon: 12 (normal config) / 10 (anti-HS config)
Armor: 8 (normal config) / 10 (+2 wedge) (anti-HS config)

Multicrap:
Speed: 6
Traction: 5
Torque: 2
Weapon: 7 [5 spinner / 2 (1 spinner arm /1 lifter / 1 clamp / 1 flamethrower)]
Armour: 10

Configs: Normal config declared for Boreas, normal config declared for Multicrap.

Strategy:
Spin up, run around until I’m at full speed, and ram into it. If Multicrap’s attacking clamp-side first, try to hit it off-center so I can hopefully hit the edge of its side skirt and bend that / actually get purchase on something. Be very careful of the clamp since in defiance of all laws of physics it has high enough armor to be worth trying to shove in my drum, but luckily it moves really slowly. The shallow wedges are also a potential nuisance. If MC goes spinner-first, the forks there have less reach / deflecting ability and ought to get bent by a good hit.

If I get MC on its back it has lots of weapons but none move fast (a pneumatic lifter is still a lifter and not a flipper) so it will be slow to self-right. If this happens gun the weapon and try to hit the tips of the wedgelets on its arm while it’s inverted. Bending those and giving my drum something to catch makes future engagements much safer for me.

If I’m consistently getting out-wedged, as a last resort gyro myself upside-down and attack that way. Multicrap is susceptible to a downward-spinning weapon in “boat mode” climbing up into its weapon drivetrain on either side.

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: R5 Week 6 SHWs: Boreas vs. Multicrap

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:46 am

Normal confij, Ill take out my tiny rear forks if that's allowed

I one up him on each drive stat + he has much more gyro to worry about. It deals 2 damage to me, 3 if it catches a corner (likely only in a wedge tip as the angle doesn't seem ideal for hitting the under and the forks are only besides the spinner) also i take no damage on my spinner.
Boreas is one of those bots that have to hit something to self right, there shouldn't be any danger of the downwards spinning drum getting a juicy hit in a weird place (and even then rember 2 dmg). Meanwhile i can easily and quickly self right with the spinner arm.

From a grabby side engagement it should be a wedge to wedge engagement if we go head on but with any kind of angling my wedges with the narrower gap should get under the drum basically every time (unless he angles in on the outside somehow). Basically i can just go straight in without being worried about getting outangled or smth. If i catch him doing some angling shenanigans use the flamethrower to make it harder to see.

The plan is to get under, clamp down, suplex and hold him over the killsaws so they snipe the weapon belt and i win. Back to reality go straight in clamp side and get under, if that works go jam with all my weapons while pushing him to any hazard, if it looks like a got a solid clamp keep my spinner down and go for the suplex to atleast flip him. If not just pushing is fine. Pushing him to the hammer so they hit the weapon motor is realistic i think.

If i am not controlling much swap to the spinner side and ram in with no worries as i wont take damage, quite likely i will flip him and just control him around

Just keep him upside down as much as i can
also watch out for big brain
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53