R5 Week 6 LWs: Flipkick vs. Ayame

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

R5 Week 6 LWs: Flipkick vs. Ayame

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:46 am

Flipkick:
Speed: 4
Traction: 4 (3 because plasti-wheels)
Torque: 1
Weapon: 12
Armor: 9

Ayame:
Speed: 8
Traction: 7
Torque: 2
Armour: 11
Weapon: 2

Configs: Normal config with asymmetrical disc for Flipkick. No declaration from Ayame.

Strategy:
If Ayame uses a normal config:

Okay I know I’ve pulled the “I can’t hurt you but you can’t hurt me” card before and lost but Ayame is shaped like a damn speed bump. Go balls-to-the-wall aggressive and HAMMER, HAMMER, HAMMER. Flipping my arm just sends it around to the other side, flipping my wheels makes me tumble a little, but short of approaching with the flipper open, there’s not much it can do to actually push Flipkick around. Try to aim for the hinge of the flipper and hope I eventually jam or otherwise damage something.
If Ayame does approach with the flipper open, my anti-floor-hitting thingies unfortunately prevent shoving my disc into its insides, so spin around and act like a horizontal thwackbot to knock it away and avoid getting “clamped,”

If Ayame uses the Tatami Mat config:

Fuck it. It’s less of a speed bump, but hammer anyway. Smack it and try to score as many damage/aggression points as possible.

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Re: R5 Week 6 LWs: Flipkick vs. Ayame

Post by GF93 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:16 pm

Tatami Mat attachment ON.

Seeing as I'm in the middle of a powercut and only have my phone to use, I'll try keeping this brief. He's got a good weapon and with the big wheels, way too slippery for most wedges to keep hold of for long. Fortunately, I'm very well-equipped for him: I outdo him completely on drivetrain (being at least twice as much on all counts), my armour and Tatami attachment will effectively stop his weapon for the most part, and most crucially, the latter and my wide wedge allows me to push, flip, and generally keep him under control (taking away his biggest potential advantage) and keep his weapon from hitting my main body.

With that, I can afford to go full-on ruthless aggression on him; taking the fight to him throughout, actively stopping him from retreating/bringing the weapon into play, and forcing him on the defence throughout. Keep the front to him and myself underneath at all times if I can help it, copy his movements and force myself right between his wheels to stop him escaping, and don't fall for any attempts to juke round to my sides. If he tries it, bait him into attacking first with a feint, then dodge/counter.

Keep my attacks varied and powerful; ram/flip him into the walls/hazards and squash him into them to wear down the clock, use long running flips to toss him into the walls, Killsaws and Pulverisers. Particularly aim for the tyres and spinner mechanisms in/on the arm; he'll become even more difficult to control with ruined tyres, and if the latter goes especially, he's doomed. Establish control of the middle early on, chase him down if he tries to flee, and just generally cause as much havoc as I can!

Defence, again, mostly comes down to good common sense. Don't fire the flipper without a good run-up and unless I'm definitely underneath to prevent him damaging it, don't fall for any hazard-baiting, watch out for and counter any attempts to monster-truck over or get to my sides, and do everything I can to protect my main body and swing Damage my way using the environment.

Hopefully this should do the trick. Good luck, HFL!