Ruination Week 5 Heavyweights: Xtreme pneumatiX vs Fork the Wind

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Ruination Week 5 Heavyweights: Xtreme pneumatiX vs Fork the Wind

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:34 pm

Xtreme pneumatiX: Speed: 7 Traction: 6 Torque: 2 Weapon: 3 Armour: 12
Fork the Wind: 7,6,2,8,7

I'll be using the many wedgelets with the long forks for this fight!

Start off as I like to by rushing Pat's bot as fast as I can as the bell starts but slowing down slightly as I approach him as to not make any silly mistakes. I'll approach FITW by trying to angle in on those long wedgelets that jut out from infront of the robot, hoping to slide my much narrower forks underneath them to get a good flip in on him right away. I highly doubt an 8-powered, 3-toothed vert with rounded teeth can self-right rather than just grind away on the floor until it's stopped but incase it can I will wait directly infront of it to make sure it will self-right onto my nice big wedge, taking advantage of it's incredibly low ground-clearance so I can push it around the arena and corner it into the hazards, where it will hopefully receive a good whacking from the hazards, particularly the pulverizers! Once I feel as if it has been damaged enough, I will then try and juggle my flips to impress the judges, tossing it around the arena and hopefully into the arena walls for dramatic effect! If he manages to get underneath me and flip me over, I will use my invertability to drive away then self-right once I am at a safe distance. Occasionally, since his spinner cannot damage me, I will self-right using his spinner instead to save a little CO2! I'll remain aggressive and facing him flipper first at all times, ready to get underneath him and toss him away!

Best of luck Pat!
"The moment you think you'll crash, you will" - Tony Pond
Team Captain of the IRL team, Kings Heath Colliders Robotics and Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat
Accolades
The New Blood: Joint 3rd with Raccoon XL
ROBOTS 3: Featherweight Quarter-Finalist with HardWired III
ROBOTS 3: Middleweight Quarter-Finalist with Der Adder
ROBOTS 3: Heavyweight Semi-Finalist with Night Jackal III
Cherry Bomb Classic 4: Featherweight Semi-Finalist with I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto
Cherry Bomb Classic 4: Heavyweight Semi-Finalist and Annihilator joint winner with Xtreme pneumatiX
Rumble In Da Jungle: Event Champion with Avanti!
ROBOTS 4: Featherweight Semi-Finalist with I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto
ROBOTS 4: Lightweight Semi-Finalist with Avanti!