Ruination Week 5 Middleweights: The Act of Being Polite vs Bite Me

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Ruination Week 5 Middleweights: The Act of Being Polite vs Bite Me

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:15 pm

The Act of Being Polite: Speed: 4 Traction: 2 Torque: 1 Weapon: 16 Armour: 7
Bite Me: 7/5/2/11/5

Yes, I would quite like to bite you infact!
First things first, I'll spin up right away as I always do, beginning to approach him once I am near full speed to show some aggression. His robot has lots of tasty narrow catch points, I always like to see those so I'm going to be aiming for the sides of those big wedgelets, bending them and making it much harder for him to get under me. I hope to keep the action in the centre of the arena of course, avoiding the four walls of the arena and the hazards as best as I can to make sure that he has no chance of cornering or smothering me. Like most spinner matches this should be pretty routine, a cycle of hitting him, letting the deflection from the impact separate us both enough to hopefully allow me to maintain full spinning speed and then come in for the attack again until he is knocked out. I'll have my bar facing him at all times, spinning it up always and showing as much aggression as I can as I keep on attacking him at all times. Hopefully one of the deflections will be in my favour and give me a chance to capitalise on those exposed wheels! If for some reason I am flipped upside down then all the better as that way my spinner will hopefully go up and over his wedge to attack that big, vulnerable claw of his, hopefully getting to impress the crowd with a display of highly-pressurised pneumatic fluid flying from the broken crusher.

Best of luck Pat!
"The moment you think you'll crash, you will" - Tony Pond
Team Captain of the IRL team, Kings Heath Colliders Robotics and Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat
Accolades
The New Blood: Joint 3rd with Raccoon XL
ROBOTS 3: Featherweight Quarter-Finalist with HardWired III
ROBOTS 3: Middleweight Quarter-Finalist with Der Adder
ROBOTS 3: Heavyweight Semi-Finalist with Night Jackal III
Cherry Bomb Classic 4: Featherweight Semi-Finalist with I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto
Cherry Bomb Classic 4: Heavyweight Semi-Finalist and Annihilator joint winner with Xtreme pneumatiX
Rumble In Da Jungle: Event Champion with Avanti!
ROBOTS 4: Featherweight Semi-Finalist with I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto
ROBOTS 4: Lightweight Semi-Finalist with Avanti!