R5 Week 5 LWs: Skoll vs. No Tomorrow

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

R5 Week 5 LWs: Skoll vs. No Tomorrow

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:35 am

Skoll: Speed 4 | Traction 2 | Torque 1 | Weapon 15 | Armor 8 (+1 bar)

No Tomorrow: Speed 4 | Traction 2 | Torque 1 | Weapon 16 | Armor 7

Configs: False-Edge Config (anti-spinner bar)

Strategy:
We’ve both got big undercutters and not much ability to do fancy maneuvers. Oof.

Writer just flip a coin please: heads I start right-side-up, tails I start upside-down. If Mystic tries to pull some “do the opposite of what he does” bullshit then my strategy is “do the same as what he does,” I.e. keep turning the bot over during load-in until one of us gets told to knock it off.

If we’re in opposite orientations when the fight actually starts: Spin up and approach slowly and carefully. Longer reach wins and I have no idea who’s got it. His sloped front might give him an advantage, but OTOH that means at the top of his chassis there can’t be any clearance between the armor and the weapon shaft: Skoll’s front has to clear the bevel gear at the bottom which means the top has some air gap and a low-bite hit might just tear away some of the aluminum.

If we’re in the same orientation, his disc can only spin clockwise (or counterclockwise if he’s inverted). Spin the opposite direction so we “mesh” and come in fast: we’re probably really close in tip speed but with a single-toothed bar vs. his disc with wide teeth even if he has a slight advantage odds are my bar won’t be there when his tooth swings by and we’ll close enough for the tip of the bar to just hit the outside of his disc after a revolution or two. Either way, it’ll be a slugfest. Just keep hitting him and hope his weapon breaks first.

Mystic2000
Team: Myst Inc

Re: R5 Week 5 LWs: Skoll vs. No Tomorrow

Post by Mystic2000 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:27 pm

huh, basically a mirror match in terms of general archetype and stats, i hit slightly harder but we both have the capacity to one-two tap each other

with neither side having a real advantage in drive or geometry, only thing to go is go weapon to weapon and see what dies, my tracks knockback reduction should let me regain composure faster on hits than he does, so this should give me a slight upper hand in terms of control but otherwise this is very much a slugfest of which big spinner stops first

try to keep to the center so we have room to get back up to speed between hits

GL HF