ruin r5: Whipscorpion vs. Failure Duplicator

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

ruin r5: Whipscorpion vs. Failure Duplicator

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:27 am

epic fail: 4/2/1/16(-1 each)/7
whip: 15/2/1/3/9(+2 tip)
wait how much power does the puncher have

meltys dont get a real weapon armor bonus lol. both of us got 15 power, 11 wpn armor and 7 armor elsewhere.
pay close attention to their spinnup so i know which direction i have to face to take hits head on.

Try to use the vert first, it should be easier to bend the bar vertically than horizontally and i should get the +1 corner hit kinda sorta often, the slower rpm of the melty against the higher rpm of the flat eggbeater should give me an advantage of catching something good.
If that doesn't quite work out like that then go to the hs when its safe and just say that it was a plan to spread the damage.
It shouldn't take that much hits until shock damage makes the puncher go loose, that might at least throw off whip's spinnup.
Do this cheeky move of stopping just short of where whipscropon is spinning and let him approach me instead, translation takes a bit of power from the drivetrain thus make its "weapon" slightly worse

tldr try to play as a vert and then go for the horizontal spin2win, while having common sense
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

Mystic2000
Team: Myst Inc

Re: ruin r5: Whipscorpion vs. Failure Duplicator

Post by Mystic2000 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:33 pm

he'll likely go beater first since this is the one that counters me more, plan is to target the weapon uprights for his beater, if we can smack them hard, with only 7 armor to his name he'll likely get his weapon disabled, and the HS doesn't have enough range to protect his chassis from getting clapped by the tail if he tries to use that

avoid trying to fire the puncher into him, he'll just bend it and cause more trouble for us, only use it to get off walls if needed

stay near the center so we can't get smothered by him easily, it's evident he'll likely do all he can so i don't get up to speed, don't give him that chance

GL HF