Ayame VS Burning Blue (Ruination: The Tempest LW)

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Ayame VS Burning Blue (Ruination: The Tempest LW)

Post by GF93 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:16 pm

Sawtooth Wedge ON.

Two agile flippers and a bout with TBR, what more could a guy want? He's got the more powerful flipper (and in a four-bar config, so keep that in mind), hinged wedges and better armour, so he'll be tough to crack. I absolutely outdo him in terms of drivetrain, though; similar torque, but I'm faster with higher traction and have the wedge advantage from my 2WD spikes, so I'll not only be able to attack from more angles more easily, but also more easily maintain the upper hand when I flip him; especially with his more awkward self-righting from the flipper setup. My rear wheels and extra speed/agility also mean I can more easily escape if wedged under, and I can also more easily recover if I am flipped.

Keeping that in mind, the big aim here will be to take as much advantage of my drive as possible, focus on his weakspots (particularly around the sides/corners and under the hinge wedges), get him into good position to flips, and from there, do everything possible to keep him forced onto the defence. Occasionally mix up my direct attacks with feints (especially J-hooking and reversing right as he's about to get under to force him to whiff flips), and copy his movements if he tries to drive off the flipper at any point. When he's on his back, keep him that way; prevent him from self-righting by chasing him down, pressuring and directly intervening by ramming him or driving underneath to pop him back over, and keeping him forced against the walls/hazards to take away his ability to run up. Force him underneath the Pulverisers (especially pointed) to damage his flipper arm/frame, squash him into walls/hazards to wear down the clock, throw him onto the Killsaws to ruin his tyres and hinge wedges, and just generally be absolutely relentless throughout.

Defence mostly just comes down to common sense. Don't fall for any baiting tactics, avoid attacking him head-on when I can help it (unless his weapon/hinge wedges are sufficiently damaged), self-right and escape immediately (then resume) if flipped, avoid hazards unless taking him to them myself, always have an escape route to fall back on if he does get underneath (and always be ready to use them if so), and only fire the flipper when I'm definitely underneath.

Hopefully this should do it. Good luck, TBR!

British-Robotics

Re: Ayame VS Burning Blue (Ruination: The Tempest LW)

Post by British-Robotics » Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:01 am

It feels good to be facing against GF93 once more, ok, so, I have a powerful weapon to have the upperhand in this battle but I need to be careful on how to deal with Ayame, My front is going to make it difficult for Ayame to properly get underneath me, I need to stay close to Ayame and wait for the opportunity to get to the side of her and flip her around the arena,
Don't box rush or do anything stupid early on,slightly defensive play and protect my weak spots from being exploited. Stay front and wait for the chance to counter

Reverse away slightly if Ayame is about to either flank me or try to get to my side, I want to focus on trying to leave head on to Ayame and possibly get underneath her, try and force my opponent to make mistakes by misusing the flipper and using the traction and speed to take advantage. Move squarely at a psosibly situation, nearing Ayame near the hazards

Good luck and may the best robot win :)