Ruination Week 4 Heavyweights: Xtreme pneumatiX vs Rampage

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Ruination Week 4 Heavyweights: Xtreme pneumatiX vs Rampage

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:16 pm

Xtreme pneumatiX: Speed: 7 Traction: 6 Torque: 2 Weapon: 3 Armour: 12
Rampage: SPEED: 5 | TRACTION: 4 | TORQUE: 1 | WEAPON: 11 | ARMOR: 9 (+2 wedge)

I’ll be using the Many Wedgelets config with long forks on the flipping arm.

Start off as aggressively as I usually do, charging in to impress the judges before showing some control as I approach his robot by slowing down a little to not get reckless. Hopefully my forks should be able to get under his machine pretty easily where I can simply flip him up and over onto his back where his drive and weapon isn’t nearly as effective and his wedge is negated as well. When he’s upside down I should easily be able to trap him on my big wedge and take him to the corners of the arena to receive a damn good whacking from the pulverisers, pinning him there to impress the judges. This will be the tactic for most of the match, I’ll use my superior speed to completely smother him, pushing him around the arena, tossing him into the various hazards and keeping him upside down for as long as I can. If I get flipped then it’s no biggy, I can use my invertable design to simply drive away and then self-right to immediately go back on the attack. I’ll hopefully be able to give his boy the occasional toss into the arena wall to wow the crowds and impress the judges, hopefully the damage from the hazards will tally up in my favour. Whenever I approach him when he’s right side up, I’ll go in from a slight angle to use his gyroscopic forces against him and get under his robot more easily. I’ll keep as aggressive as possibly throughout the match as well as facing him at all times, ready to flip him.
Best of luck TDG!
"The moment you think you'll crash, you will" - Tony Pond
Team Captain of the IRL team, Kings Heath Colliders Robotics and Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat
Accolades
The New Blood: Joint 3rd with Raccoon XL
ROBOTS 3: Featherweight Quarter-Finalist with HardWired III
ROBOTS 3: Middleweight Quarter-Finalist with Der Adder
ROBOTS 3: Heavyweight Semi-Finalist with Night Jackal III
Cherry Bomb Classic 4: Featherweight Semi-Finalist with I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto
Cherry Bomb Classic 4: Heavyweight Semi-Finalist and Annihilator joint winner with Xtreme pneumatiX
Rumble In Da Jungle: Event Champion with Avanti!
ROBOTS 4: Featherweight Semi-Finalist with I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto
ROBOTS 4: Lightweight Semi-Finalist with Avanti!

TDG does ARC
Team: Team CSI

Re: Ruination Week 4 Heavyweights: Xtreme pneumatiX vs Rampage

Post by TDG does ARC » Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:53 pm

Aight strategy for the start of the fight pretty straightforward, go out at an angle (I feel like I've typed that a lot with this robot lately lmao) and try and get around the wedgelets to the side and knock it over, and keep it unstable for as much of the fight as I can. He's probably going to see it coming so I'm ready to try and reverse out of it if that doesn't pan out, and try again.

If that goes on for 15-20 seconds and it isn't working just hail mary this shit and run at his front full force, there's still a 40/60 chance I get under and all I need is that one shot to throw him in the air and then shunt him around the arena for long periods of time. I can drive inverted and very likely self right on him by ramping so getting flipped isn't a massive concern, don't think the hazards can hurt me too bad either but I will avoid them whenever possible.

Just be as aggressive as I possibly can, never stop charging at him even if I'm upside down, and pray I get under enough to swing control in my favor as well. Side note my wheels stick out enough he's gonna struggle to push me into hazards because I can probably flop off. If I need to I will turn off the weapon to avoid gyro that he can take advantage of and embrace my inner rambot (make sure to fire it up at the end so the judges don't see it as damage lol).

TLDR; fight to win the aggression category at all costs and try and keep the other 2 close as I can, if I'm losing this I'm going down swinging and making the judges pay attention! GLHF
Just here to have a good time