I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto vs 25 or 6 to 4

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Wolf51-50

I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto vs 25 or 6 to 4

Post by Wolf51-50 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:19 am

Oooo wedge

Can't break wedge

So must make wedge fly

He's only got two points on me as well as equal control for both of us, so he shouldn't be making any huge flanks on me. If this is based on the real tanto, not only is this bot heavily armored, but it's also teeny teeny teeny. I have a pretty good hunch that if he gets under me, I can use my gigantic real wheels to actually make it over the little stopper he has there, especially if I get a running start. So let him charge into my front end, and I'll run into him as well. If I win, he'll get sent backwards, in which I can juggle him all match and possibly even pin him if I get to a wall. If I don't and he gets under me, I can just trundle over his itty bitty bar and then either back into him to push him or turn around and hit with the disc. If I am in some way unable to perform this, I can always drive off with my large ground clearance and angle into the forks, but only do this if I am unable to perform this maneuver. If I can't win control, I can at least win damage and aggression by constantly throwing myself at him and being slippery as can be.

GL!

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Re: I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto vs 25 or 6 to 4

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:19 pm

I Can’t Believe It’s Not Tanto: Speed: 8 Traction: 7 Torque: 3 Weapon: 0 Armour: 12
25 or 6 to 4: Speed: 6 Traction: 5 Torque: 1 Weapon: 9 Armor: 9 (+1 front including weapon)

I’ll be using the forks and heavy stoppers.

Approach him immediately as the match starts, going in fast but slowing down a little to remain controlled as I get close to him. The aim of the game as always with Verts is to just be as head-on and aggressive with him as I can be, occasionally angling in on him to use his weapon’s gyroscopic forces against him. Once I’m underneath him I’ll use my talk forks to my advantage, trapping him on them and ramming him mercilessly into the corners of arena, pinning him in there to take a few shots from the hammers. If he manages to get under me on a head-on collision then it shouldn’t be a worry, his spinner will be hitting at the space inbetween my forks and if he tries to turn into them I can reverse away before his weapon hits and then come in for another assault. If he gets any hits then it shouldn’t be a worry, my robot is symmetrical both ways up and my high-ground clearance means he is going to struggle to control me, especially when push comes to shove due to my superior torque. I’ll try and smother him as best I can, showing both control and aggression as well as hopefully having damage on my side as I deposit him into the various hazards. Stay aggressive always and facing hun at all times, I’ll use my speed and ground-clearance to insure that he won’t be able to juggle hits.
Best of luck Drew!