Chieftain vs Anyone's Guess

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Wolf51-50

Chieftain vs Anyone's Guess

Post by Wolf51-50 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:51 pm

AG: 6/6/4/4(3/1)/11(+1)

Chieftain: (6/6/4/4/10)

A good ol lifter battle! All forks on!

We have the exact same drive stats, so start with a box rush! My forks are thin enough to get underneath his wedge pretty easily. Once I get under immediately lift him up and drive with him to keep him on the wedge. Feel free to leave the egg in the middle of the arena. Try to stay on the offensive, but if I need room, use the egg as a traffice cone and go around it. If he takes the bait and tries to wedge the egg, take the time to get under him. If he's under me, I have enough clearance that my rubber shuffle pods can climb down, or knock me down with enough wiggling. If he misses a lift immediately jam my 4 bar up and under his lifter to carry him around. Gotta take him to hazards whenever possible, as pinning won't do much good. Given how much heavier I am he might also struggle a bit more to lift me, giving me a slight advantage when he's attempting to control me. Bring the right to him, self right if needed, and maybe even use some egg hijinx if they look like they'll help.

GL

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Re: Chieftain vs Anyone's Guess

Post by GF93 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:30 pm

Default Config, both sets of Forks ON.

And for the other Wolf bout, first time I've fought a Shufflebot in a while! We're closely-matched in terms of drivetrains, armour and weapons, but he's got those long forks on the front (and... an egg? Not entirely sure what that's for, but be aware of it all the same — Alex), the four-bar setup and the extra weight, so I must be careful. However, as well as the Torque advantage, I have the stronger lifter (with the telescopic forks to let me flip him without toppling over) and the top forks to keep him trapped as I flip/push him whereas he doesn't have those, so it'll be much easier for me to escape and counterattack if he gets underneath. His shuffling banks don't reach the ground wherever he's lifted up (unlike my protruding rear wheels), so however I get underneath, he'll be in great danger. What's more, his four-bar setup means he'll have a much harder time self-righting (especially under pressure) and both the forks and the wedge corners can be effectively angled into.

I'll want to be the aggressor right from the start. Take advantage of his issues with ground clearance and all those points I can angle into, get him flipped over, and from there, bully him (I'm talking "steal his pants and run them up a flagpole, then stuff him head-first into a bin" levels) the whole way through. Attack him from the sides, corners, sides of his forks and under the lifter if I can catch him in time (mixing it up with feints as needed, be it by J-hooking, reversing or Monster-trucking off the back or sides before he can lift), copy his movements if he tries evasive driving, and when I'm definitely underneath, flip him. Keep him herded near the walls/hazards, squash him into the walls/corners to wear down the clock, and keep him upside-down and/or myself underneath him as much as possible so he can't escape. Park him beneath the Pulverisers (the pointed ones especially) to deal damage, chase him if he runs away, and actively stop all attempts to self-right.
Defence comes down to always watching what he does and reacting accordingly. Escape/dodge and counter if he gets underneath, stay away from hazards when not using them myself, use my invertibility to get clear before self-righting, avoid egg, and don't raise the lifter unless I'm definitely underneath.

And there we have it. Good luck, Wolf!