The Act Of Being Polite vs Containment Breach

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

TDG does ARC
Team: Team CSI

The Act Of Being Polite vs Containment Breach

Post by TDG does ARC » Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:05 pm

This fight feels strangely familiar...

So basically the same strategy as the last HS I fought: Box rush as the fight starts (should make it there before he has spun up) and tank the hit straight on not allowing him to flank me, if I can get him fully spun down push him around as long as a moving pin allows and maybe get some pulverizer action (the saws are too big a risk to drive over so I will avoid those).

If he tries to flank/get my top plate just ease my wedges into him and let us take the knockback from it, then go straight back in as he's struggling to spin up again because weapon/armor difference is just big enough. Do not use the lifter until he is spun down and then raise it like a battering ram when he is spun down to aid in pushing. Try not to actually flip him because that's more dangerous for me (if he starts inverted then I can still use the above strategies just being a lot more slow and calculated with where I hit him and where I let him hit me).

Do not allow him to gyro over onto my top under any circumstance and do not expose my side at any point, keep the front pointed dead on at all times and do the strats above, GLHF!
Just here to have a good time

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Re: The Act Of Being Polite vs Containment Breach

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:26 pm

First things first, as I always tend to do with these fights is to spin up right away, this is a big arena and I don't think he'll be quick enough to box rush me. Once I am fully spun up I can get round to showing some aggression by approaching him, making sure to not aim inbetween his wedgelets but instead to only aim for the sides of them, their length meaning that this shouldn't be so hard. I'm hoping that their length also means that the front plow on his robot has a fair bit of ground-clearance, enough for my relatively thin blade to slip underneath so I can chew on those juicy front wheels of his, which should hopefully mess with his traction and speed. His plow has a whole lot of flat surface to bite onto and hopefully I can use that to my advantage, flinging us apart on hits in order to make some space between us so I can keep spun-up nicely and go in for another attack, racking up damage and aggression!

I'm hoping to keep this match in the middle of the arena at all times, using the small surface area of my robot to help with avoiding the various arena hazards. If he manages to get behind me then it shouldn't be too much of a worry as if his forks get under me, they will simply be fed into my bar, helping me to simply deflect away and turn around for another assault. I'm going to keep spun up and facing him at all times, insuring that I will always be attacking his robot no matter what, hopefully causing enough damage to his forks to bend them up to a point where they are useless and also causing some shock damage along the way. Avoid the arena walls like the plague, using the power of my bar to deflect him away if he tries to corner me.

Best of luck TDG!
"The moment you think you'll crash, you will" - Tony Pond
Team Captain of the IRL team, Kings Heath Colliders Robotics and Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat
Accolades
The New Blood: Joint 3rd with Raccoon XL
ROBOTS 3: Featherweight Quarter-Finalist with HardWired III
ROBOTS 3: Middleweight Quarter-Finalist with Der Adder
ROBOTS 3: Heavyweight Semi-Finalist with Night Jackal III
Cherry Bomb Classic 4: Featherweight Semi-Finalist with I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto
Cherry Bomb Classic 4: Heavyweight Semi-Finalist and Annihilator joint winner with Xtreme pneumatiX
Rumble In Da Jungle: Event Champion with Avanti!
ROBOTS 4: Featherweight Semi-Finalist with I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto
ROBOTS 4: Lightweight Semi-Finalist with Avanti!