R5 Week 3 LWs: Flipkick vs. Burning Blue

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

R5 Week 3 LWs: Flipkick vs. Burning Blue

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:25 pm

Flipkick: Speed: 4 | Traction: 4 (3 because plasti-wheels) | Torque: 1 | Weapon: 12 | Armor: 9

Burning Blue: Speed: 6 Traction: 6 Torque: 2 Weapon: 4 Armor: 12

Configs: Using normal config with symmetrical disc.

Strategy:
> Armor: 12.
Lmao. I should’a made a goddamn vert config.

The good news though is that 0-point corner damage is still technically damage, and a low-profile 4-bar flipper with a narrow weapon is going to have a hard time doing any of the controlbot things he wants to do to me either.

Go on the attack, drive at him, and flip over as he closes. I think he’ll probably go for my wheels, so try to spin to intercept that and drop the disc on him, then whether I hit or not spin in place like a thwackbot to deflect myself away from his attempt to flip me. Repeat for 3 minutes. If he attacks with the arm raised to try and push me, alternate between using my tail as a horizontal thwack and dropping it on the tip of his arm. Maybe I can roll the edge of the tip down, which won’t technically affect his ability to fight me but it will mean he has to repair his robot to effectively fight just about anyone else. If he’s trying to push, HAMMER. If he flips me, congratulations, you traded another scratch on your top plate with popping a completely invertable robot in the air.

British-Robotics

Re: R5 Week 3 LWs: Flipkick vs. Burning Blue

Post by British-Robotics » Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:11 am

Flipkick: Speed: 4 | Traction: 4 (3 because plasti-wheels) | Torque: 1 | Weapon: 12 | Armor: 9

Burning Blue: Speed: 6 Traction: 6 Torque: 2 Weapon: 4 Armor: 12

Ok, my armor is able to handle the weapon shots on Flipkick's weapon so that’s good news I’m the quickest speed and traction-wise in the arena so I'm wanting to give problems to Flipkick right from the word go.

I want to dodge and weave against my opponent earlier in the match I have the traction and speed to maneuverer very quickly, get close to Flipkick as quick as possible to lessen the range of hitting me cleanly, and take him to the pulverizers or screws to create some damage. If I somehow manage to get to the side of Flipkick, I need to throw Flipkick about and hope to create some damage be continuously flipping him. His armor looks weak enough to be damaged when hitting against the arena floor.

I’ll use my weapon to punt Flipkick towards the sidewall and make him go unbalanced and out of control. I need to try and get his weapon killed off and stay aggressive, do not allow him any time and space to get his weapon back going, Flipkick lacks the pushing ability, so I have the upper hand to push my opponent around in a head-to-head situation.

Good luck and may the best robot win :)