Power Bar VS Chieftain (Ruination: The Tempest, Round 2)

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Power Bar VS Chieftain (Ruination: The Tempest, Round 2)

Post by GF93 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:18 pm

Traction: 6
Torque: 4
Armour: 13 (+3 to front scoop, so 16/10)
Weapon: 1 (180-degree Lifting Scoop, with attached rack-and-pinion stabilising forks)
(CONFIG TWO: Top Forks ON, Bottom Forks OFF)

POWER BAR (him)
Speed: 4
Traction: 2
Torque: 1
Weapon: 16 (huge Horizontal Bar Spinner)
Armour: 7
The first proper test of the Anti-Spinner setup... and what a one to start with! Power Bar's invertible and has that huge horizontal bar, so it's imperative that my main body doesn't get hit. Fortunately, there are plenty of advantages on my end; I'm two-thirds faster with over triple his Torque/Traction, and his 4WD setup is completely enclosed; so I can remove his mobility and totally control him just by staying underneath. While his weapon is strong, it's also got its own flaws; it only turns one way going by the one-sided teeth (greatly reducing the chances of him successfully doing any Tombstone-esque "whip to the side" tricks), it's high up off the ground regardless of if he's inverted or not (so he can't use it to warp my wedge like an undercutter), and at double his armour (coupled with low traction), he'll be doing noticeable self-damage and throwing himself around with each shot. The last point in particular is critical given my scoop up front, which has equal Armour to his Weapon value; so if I keep that in his face, him herded near the walls/hazards and given no opportunities to breathe, he'll really be on the backfoot.

I'll be very aggressive, but without being reckless. Mix up attacking his blind spots (the back and left side/corners where he can't turn so easily due to gyro), ramming into his bar in the direction it's turning (to force him back and inflict self-damage), and if his weapon is slowed/stopped, diving underneath. Always keep the scoop facing him, and never raise it unless I have him pinned or his weapon is definitely incapacitated. In any case, when I have him vulnerable, attack with long running slams into the walls, squashing him into the walls/corners to wear down the clock, flipping him over periodically to disorientate him, and forcing him into the hazards. The Spiked Pulveriser will be my best friend; force him under and make sure it's hitting his soft main body at the front/side pods for maximum damage. The Killsaws will also be good for ruining his tyres. If I break his weapon, great; amp up the aggression, and finish him on damage or by stacking him on the wall with the scoop. Avoid hazards unless I'm taking him to them myself, and never expose my back/sides to him.

Good luck!