Greenwar vs. Taisabachi

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Mystic2000
Team: Myst Inc

Greenwar vs. Taisabachi

Post by Mystic2000 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:38 pm

So, my guy is a flipper/HS hybrid but the HS will do little more than tickle me even in my base config, so base config it is

One thing i notice is a distinct lack of forks besides the arm, and those forks have rather small range, noticeably less than my wedgelets, mine should also be spaced out enough that if i go head on, they won't hit the arm but rather the side wedges, this should give me a good chance to winning the ground game on a frontal engagement, which is what we should try to force in this fightL

Of course with his speed advantage, he will most likely attempt to flank us or get us to gyro and try to exploit, so keep pointed at him, if the turn is too large and would cause gyro to destabilise us, reverse instead, mind hazards and general positioning as to not reverse into a wall or other dangerous areas.

If we wedge him and get to land a good hit, try to get follow-ups on him before he can recover, if we don't he'll likely just speed away and reset.

So yeah, force head-on engagements, ward off flanking attempts, try to get combos/follow-ups on successful hits, that's about the game plan here.

GL HF

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: Greenwar vs. Taisabachi

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:23 pm

Taisabachi 6/4/2/8 [7 spinner / 1 clutch transfer flipper (4 effective power)]/10
Greenwar 4/2/1/14/9(+2 front wedge) - base config

Ok so i take 4 damage from that thing and only 2 on my spinner.
Can greenwar self right half reliably? I should at least be able to exploit the awkward self righting, decent shot at it bouncing it a few times before landing upside down after loosing momentum on the spinner from the bounces and that's an instant win.
Non zero chance of it landing in just the wrong ways so the killsaws snipe the weapon chain
If you haven't figured it out already the plan is to flip the thing until the self righting luck runs out.
To get under carefully angle in on those forks of his, do this slowly to try to bait him gyroing and letting me get under for free without even needeing a wedge. Not sure if his forks are remobable, if he doesn't have then still do this and it should be overall a bit easier to get under.
Also use the angling to try to use the side wedgelets first to spread the damage, if those get all messed up then go with the middle forks (still angling in).

The hits on my forks should only affect one fork, each could potentially survive more than one hit before getting bent up. Even with some forks bent i can still flip him, i don't need all the forks under to use the flipper and if the gyro baiting works i could do it with no wedges.
If the flipper breaks or all the wedges are completely messed up then fall back to the spinner, if undercutter i can potentially hit his forks if he kept them and push him away without even reaching his weapon. Going weapon to weapon is not bad i guess. Maybe get the killsaws involved and if he is somehow bouncing in this situation then try to get under and push him to a hammer for a shot at sniping the weapon chain.

Avoid being predictable, also try to avoid being stupid.
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53