Ruination Middleweights: The Act of Being Polite vs Apeirogon

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Ruination Middleweights: The Act of Being Polite vs Apeirogon

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:20 pm

The Act of Being Polite:
Speed: 4 Traction: 2 Torque: 1 Weapon: 16 Armour: 7
Apeirogon (Bazooka):
Speed: 3 Traction: 3 Torque: 1 Weapon 22 (19 cannon / 3 ammo) (8 shots total) Armour: 1

I’m going to start this match upside down as I feel as my robot is very low and flat whilst Apeirogon is kinda bulky and boxy so I imagine it’s shots will go over my robot or at the very least my blade will be able to deflect them. I’m going to start by facing sideways, spinning up and then approaching Apeirogon in a slow, wide zig-zag pattern, using my superior speed to my advantage making their slower robot chase mine to line up a shot and when my robot is sideways there is VERY little to hit on it as it’s so thin and narrow. Apeirogon only has 8 shots and is fully automatic so there is a decent chance it’ll miss me if I zig-zag towards him, my wide wheelbase making sudden turning nice and easy as I approach him, hoping to jam my massive blade into his robot for a one-hit KO. Keep spun up at all times and always keep approaching their robot at all times to show aggression, possibly to coral Apeirogon into a tight space as well.
Best of luck Maxi
"The moment you think you'll crash, you will" - Tony Pond
Team Captain of the IRL team, Kings Heath Colliders Robotics and Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat
Accolades
The New Blood: Joint 3rd with Raccoon XL
ROBOTS 3: Featherweight Quarter-Finalist with HardWired III
ROBOTS 3: Middleweight Quarter-Finalist with Der Adder
ROBOTS 3: Heavyweight Semi-Finalist with Night Jackal III
Cherry Bomb Classic 4: Featherweight Semi-Finalist with I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto
Cherry Bomb Classic 4: Heavyweight Semi-Finalist and Annihilator joint winner with Xtreme pneumatiX
Rumble In Da Jungle: Event Champion with Avanti!
ROBOTS 4: Featherweight Semi-Finalist with I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto
ROBOTS 4: Lightweight Semi-Finalist with Avanti!

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: Ruination Middleweights: The Act of Being Polite vs Apeirogon

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:36 pm

Apeirogon 3/3/1/22/1 bazooka
19 gun / 3 ammo (8 shots)
Polite 4/2/1/16/7

Epic win i do 8 damage to his strongest part, he's not much faster and his far inferior handling potentially fully offsets his speed.
Start by getting closer and then just keep my distance and fire when it seems like i won't miss.
I should only need 2-3 hits tops.
Don't get juked with the killsaws and don't waste shots.
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53