WK 2 LW: Burning Blue vs Whipscorpion

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

British-Robotics

WK 2 LW: Burning Blue vs Whipscorpion

Post by British-Robotics » Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:53 pm

Burning Blue: Speed: 6 Traction: 6 Torque: 2 Weapon: 4 Armor: 12

Whipscorpion: Weapon: 3 Armour: 9 (+2 "hammer" at the end of the tail) Traction 2 Torque: 1 Speed: 15

Box rush Whipscorpion to kill off his spinning momentum as much as possible right from the start, my armor should be able to hold up at the early stages so I want to try and tank Whipscoprion, that way he should lose spinning speed, and because he lacks the traction to potentially get away from me I could have the upper hand.

Use my flipper weapon and try to throw Whipscorpion about to disrupt any potential of him spinning up full power. Toss him about nearing the side arena or towards the screws.

Stay close and stay aggressive, no holding back.

Good luck and may the best robot win :)

Mystic2000
Team: Myst Inc

Re: WK 2 LW: Burning Blue vs Whipscorpion

Post by Mystic2000 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:55 pm

Ok i gotta say idk if this is just me, but this guy is giving me some old BB vibes, besides the fact it has actual color.

So at first i was kinda worried because hes rather tanky and his armor is the same all around so you can't do the usual strat of hitting the weak chassis/side for the kill, luckily for me, he isn't the most optimised to deal with HS, let alone a asym melty with ridiculous levels of bite depth.

He has some juicy corners for me to bite into and catch, even if that may not kill him it'll still send him flying away and get me points with the judges, and again, i have a LOT of bite depth so catching the sides shouldn't be too difficult, especially considering that he isn't particularly wide of a footprint.

He also has enclosed wheels that don't have that much of an airgap between the wheel and outer wall, a hit in the right place should be able to bend the panel in and jam his wheel, impairing his motion.

As usual, the punching bar will be a critical asset since trying to stack me against a wall will most likely be part of his plan, so loosening myself free and escaping pins with it will be vital to ensure success.

GL HF