Ruination: The Tempest Week 2: HYB 3 vs Pathos

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

Ruination: The Tempest Week 2: HYB 3 vs Pathos

Post by Trihunter » Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:08 pm

HYB 3: 4/2/1/16/7
Pathos: 7/6/5/1/11+2

Rorshach in Danmaku (6-tooth disk) selected.
L + ratio + Mystic forgot to declare + you fell off... oh wait the bot just looks like that, my bad lol

Anyway uh, pretty basic plan here, with one small caveat. We're going to begin this fight inverted, with our blade pointed downwards. This should circumvent Pathos' wedge somewhat, hitting it at an angle it's not really designed for, and more easily letting us attack the wedgelets. Spin up, keep spinning, play a little defensive, avoid getting boxed in, keep scoring hits, try and cut through and get some nice damage racked up. Keep ourselves in the middle of the arena as much as we can, escape back there if things go wrong. Nice and simple plan. Just adapt reasonably if things are going obviously poorly, and don't do anything stupid.

Good luck Mystic
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

Mystic2000
Team: Myst Inc

Re: Ruination: The Tempest Week 2: HYB 3 vs Pathos

Post by Mystic2000 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:40 pm

Oh boi, it's the large spin spin, this should be a good test to see if my back plow holds up, strategy should be relatively straightforward here, start backwards and channel your inner Lockjaw and slam that ass into his face and ram the bitch across the entire arena.

Be sure to angle into his spin direction so he'll hit near the center of the plow and won't risk catching an edge and rip the plow out, my chassis will not survive a direct shot, so driving better be on point.

We have the speed and control advantage and it's not even close, there should be no way for him to get to my sides, and if he gets close i have the speed and acceleration to just back off before contact.

The lifter will probably stay unused for this fight, it'll just get ripped up in 90% of circumstances if i try to use it, and we aren't gonna give this boi free damage points.

As we long as keep on him, keep ramming him into every wall of that box and keep the plow pointed at him this shouldn't be too difficult.

GL HF