Ruination: The Tempest Week 2: Black Hazard vs Disposal Unit

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

Ruination: The Tempest Week 2: Black Hazard vs Disposal Unit

Post by Trihunter » Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:55 pm

Black Hazard: 5/4/1/13/7
Disposal Unit: 5/3/1/12/9
RabbitTank config (no extra forks), support wheels on top

Main note here: We come off a little worse from direct collisions, but we have a better drivetrain, and can still hit for 4 on a chassis hit. Let's use it.

We're going to keep aggressive this fight. Spin up, keep mobile, constantly testing and pushing for angle shots and hits on their chassis. Those wheels are pretty exposed, getting an angle shot would give us a clean strike on any of them, which would get us plenty of damage points. Our wedge should do alright at deflecting shots, whilst their square chassis gives us a lot to bite and punt. Just keep spun up, keep pushing for ins, and score the kill, or at least a solid JD on aggression/control whilst keeping damage narrow.

Best of luck, frog
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Re: Ruination: The Tempest Week 2: Black Hazard vs Disposal Unit

Post by attackfrog » Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:00 pm

It's a vert-off! I don't think I have anything to lose here by just going aggro on Black Hazard so I'll spin up and do that. The differential between DU's armor and BH's weapon is smaller than the one between BH's armor and DU's weapon, so it'll take me fewer hits to take out BH than vice versa. Additionally, while both of us can flip the other over with the right hit, only Disposal Unit is invertible: Black Hazard will have to limp around on its top wheels and hope I hit it right-way-up again or try to right by hitting the wall. Either way, it's an easy opportunity for me to follow up with another hit.
So yeah: keep up the offense and avoid fancy driving (not that I'd turn up the opportunity to get at the side of BH, of course) and dispose of the hazard.

GLHF Tri.