R5 Week 2 MWs: Skoll vs. More Puzzles:

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

R5 Week 2 MWs: Skoll vs. More Puzzles:

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:54 pm

Skoll (False edge config)
Speed: 4
Traction: 2
Torque: 1
Weapon: 15
Armor: 8 (+1 weapon)

More Puzzles:
Speed: 0 (4)
Traction: 2
Torque: 0 (0)
Armor: 11
Weapon: 17

Ugh… this fucking thing. False-edge blade please.
Gyro walkers can be surprisingly maneuverable but by design they waddle back and forth as they translate and if they do a “kickstand” move to turn a long distance in one direction they tend to overshoot or undershoot their turns badly, and also sometimes tip backwards and raise the weapon high in the air while they do this.

Let him get into the middle of the box and circle him, keeping just out of range of his weapon, to force him to make those risky large-angle turns, and wait until I get an opening. I want to either hit his back support feet, or better yet hit the front support under the weapon. This is spindly and bendable, and since it makes a U-shape under the disc without much clearance it could easily bend into his disc and either jam it or get torn off by his own weapon. My blade’s low enough to the floor that he doesn’t have much reach to spare, and coming in at an angle or getting below his blade if it lifts into the air will most likely let me hit the support instead of the disc. If there is weapon-to-weapon contact it’s more likely to be a sideswipe than an uppercut if the hit isn’t straight-on. Getting the support sideswiped also puts a MASSIVE torsional force on his tilt mechanism, which per rules section 4.8 takes double damage like a wheel does: if that applies his tilting could fail which is gg. If the support’s torn off entirely he doesn’t have a spare on top. He can spin horizontally but would barely be mobile and I can pick his chassis apart. If his weapon’s jammed, avoid hitting the support again in case that frees it.

If part of his support’s removed, switch spin direction to hit the other.

This is obviously risky, but he can’t one-shot my weapon with this config and the shock damage won’t one-shot me, so I can hopefully survive a stray hit or two, and I have enough reach that he’s not hitting anything but my blade.