Week 2: Powerdrive 22' vs Rampage

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

British-Robotics

Week 2: Powerdrive 22' vs Rampage

Post by British-Robotics » Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:55 pm

Powerdrive 22’: Speed: 6 Traction: 4 Torque: 1 Weapon: 12 (1 Schrimech) Armor: 7

Rampage: Speed: 5 | Traction: 4 | Torque: 1 | Weapon: 11 | Armror 9 (+2 wedge)

The good news in this matchup is that I have the better speed by a point so I should be able to dodge Rampage a few times, I also have the forks to assist me into giving Rampage problems when we go head on.

My focus is to flip Rampage over by contacting my weapon on the edge of the frontal wedge or the side of him with enough momentum to do the job. I don’t want to risk doing a box rush as I feel it would be far to risky and I need to drive carefully and a calm and steady pace.

Face my weapon frontally and protect the rest of the chassis. And wait for the opportunity to strike, stay away from the hazards. Find the driving error my opponent makes and then go for the strike when that opportunity arises.

Since he cannot run inverted, I’ll leave Rampage be when I flipped him.

Good Luck and may the best robot win

TDG does ARC
Team: Team CSI

Re: Week 2: Powerdrive 22' vs Rampage

Post by TDG does ARC » Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:43 am

Ok we speedrun RP

Ok they do be faster than me, but seeing as we have the same traction that's gonna be a fair bit of oversteer on their part for me to take advantage of, I wanna box rush at an angle to see if I can make them turn and oversteer/gyro then go in with my weapon and land a nice potshot on the sides with some big damage, once they are upside down push them around for as long as I can and then back off and repeat the strategy (hopefully this time with their drive being really damaged from that hit!).

If they do not oversteer reverse, turn, and attempt again! May spin down my weapon to half or lower while I'm backing away to avoid gyro that they can take advantage of, then spin up as we go in for another shot.

If they are going to land a hit on me and there's nowhere I can run I want them to hit my wedge, it's armored up enough that they are going to do basically nothing to it and I will either land right side up or I can run into a wall upside down and self right with no damage. If they hit anything else it still won't be a KO shot but it will impede my drive most likely so I'm going to do anything it takes to not deal with that. I don't think they have enough speed to flank me so this should be fairly easy to accomplish.

Hopefully we don't do a perfect imitation of the real Rampage and go 0-2, GLHF!
Just here to have a good time