Venice queen vs I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Venice queen vs I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto

Post by Venice Queen » Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:39 am

not Tanto: Speed: 8 Traction: 7 Torque: 3 Weapon: 0 Armour: 12

VQ: Speed: 10 // Traction: 8 // Torque: 2 // Weapon: 1 // Armor: 9 (+2 front)

scoops (last image)

I love not Tanto so much. it's so wedge.

I'm gonna drive like a bat outta hell this match. he doesnt have a weapon he can't hurt me I can use 100% of my power. I want to take long range attacks at him. get up to full speed and try to RAM him into the wall, flip him, and pin him. hold him up with the flipper arm, or fire it repeatedly, or whatever. play with my food.

If I can get behind him, keep that advantage for as long as possible. be such a bully. he has such a long body to spin around. never leave that position once I have it, until he forces me to.

the first time I ride up his wedges/forks, fire my flipper, see if it'll let me hop over the stopper or otherwise jostle myself loose quickly. if that didnt work well (ie I get pinned), don't do it again. I can also reverse off his wedge. If I do, sometimes back off to one of the sides. sometimes, back straight off off and then reverse charge him. try to angle in.

if he has the forks on, I need to be strategic in how I squirm when pinned. I don't want to have wheels slip into the abyss between the wedgelets. focus mostly on using the flipper and just foreward and back motion.

I am serious about the really showy attacks. I have the active weapon and I am SUPER fast, I wanna be exciting and have a good time. I never get to fight pure wedges.

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Re: Venice queen vs I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:51 pm

Using the big friggin forks and heavy stoppers in this one

I’ll start off the match as aggressively as ever, barrelling towards VQ before starting to slow down as I approach as not to make any silly mistakes. She may have the slightly faster robot but it shouldn’t be enough to flank me, especially with her -2 speed/traction. If she ever does overshoot a turn and show VQ’s side to me then I will take advantage immediately by scooping under the side of her robot, taking advantage of her small ground-clearance to beach her on my tall Wedgelets. Whenever I am able to get under her, I will quickly take her to the nearest corner to take a couple shots from the pulveriser, holding VQ in place to show control and aggression as the hammer damages her machine. If we meet head on then I don’t have much to fear, VQ’s flipper should slot right inbetween my forks, rendering it kinda useless as it will be flipping nothing but air. Even if the arm does get under something, it shouldn’t be doing much more than lift my robot up a little, my awkward shape and high ground-clearance making it tricky to get a good flip on me. If I get underneath VQ from ahead, I should be able to push it around quite comfortably as half of its wheels will be off the ground, meaning I can pin it against the walls or shove it into more hazards to help impress the judges. Even if VQ does get under me from in front, I will still have both wheels on the ground and my forks jammed into her stoppers, meaning I should be able to push VQ back still with my superior torque. If my forks go past the stoppers then my ground-clearance and VQ’s flat shape should allow me to comfortably monster-truck over it before it can push me around too much. Even if we hit the hazards the same amount, I have the superior armour and should be taking less damage in the eyes of the judges and hopefully my aggressive, controlling driving should also be able to impress the judges.
Best of luck Sio!
"The moment you think you'll crash, you will" - Tony Pond
Team Captain of the IRL team, Kings Heath Colliders Robotics and Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat
Accolades
The New Blood: Joint 3rd with Raccoon XL
ROBOTS 3: Featherweight Quarter-Finalist with HardWired III
ROBOTS 3: Middleweight Quarter-Finalist with Der Adder
ROBOTS 3: Heavyweight Semi-Finalist with Night Jackal III
Cherry Bomb Classic 4: Featherweight Semi-Finalist with I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto
Cherry Bomb Classic 4: Heavyweight Semi-Finalist and Annihilator joint winner with Xtreme pneumatiX
Rumble In Da Jungle: Event Champion with Avanti!
ROBOTS 4: Featherweight Semi-Finalist with I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto
ROBOTS 4: Lightweight Semi-Finalist with Avanti!