Flipkick vs. Pink Wedge

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

patrickrowberry

Flipkick vs. Pink Wedge

Post by patrickrowberry » Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:24 pm

him
Speed: 4
Traction: 4 (3 because plasti-wheels)
Torque: 1
Weapon: 12
Armor: 9

me:
8/7/3/2/10 (+2 to wedge)

I will start with my grabber at a 45 degree angle from my wedge

strat: box rush and grab his tires avoid his body is wheel slots are perfect shapes for my weapon to get hold of and start pushing him into every hazard if he get's away avoid the thwacks by using my speed to bate him to thwack then graham and then start dragging him don't let him get on top of me keep him at arm reach

Hooray For Lexan

Re: Flipkick vs. Pink Wedge

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:50 pm

I see Pat’s made a thread, hopefully he posted stats because I’m not looking at it.

CONFIGS: Using regular wheels with asymmetric disc.

STRATEGY: Pink Wedge is quick and has a tough wedge, but I can reach right over it and hit his top panel. There’s not a lot a controlbot can do to stop Flipkick from hitting it. My strategy is basically:

1: Don’t get flanked.
2: Move aggressively.
3: HAMMER, then dance around and avoid getting shoved in the hazards while I spin back up, repeat.
4: Keep my chassis out of his grappler if he tries to bring it down on me.

If he’s holding his weapon out in front of him, see if I can hit it: I can probably bend it and maybe even tear part off with repeated hits. If he drives backwards and uses it as a keepaway stick see if I can drive over the top and hit his backside, otherwise he can’t push me without turning me around and giving me a shot to drop the disc on his arm. If I “miss” I can still drag the disc into his arm as I reverse away. Watch out for him trying to hook me, but I don’t think that shape can get in the spokes of my wheels and he can’t lift effectively in reverse without tipping.