Compound Fracture vs. Fork The Wind

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

patrickrowberry

Compound Fracture vs. Fork The Wind

Post by patrickrowberry » Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:15 pm

him 7/6/3/3/11(=+1 to top plate)
me 7/6/2/8/7

strat: keep cantered let him come to me if we go head on make sure its a wedge lock then turn into him keep a cagy fight let him come to me keep in the centre of the arena only attack when nesseray or when he levees him self open

Hooray For Lexan

Re: Compound Fracture vs. Fork The Wind

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:57 pm

Pat made the thread, hopefully he posted stats.

CONFIG DECLARATION: Controlbots Can Die In Hell config with sharp wedgelets. I'm assuming FTW is using its wedgelets?

STRATEGY:

FTW’s spinner is basically an over-geared rotary lifter. It can’t damage me, but it has pretty long forks with wide gaps between them that I don’t want to risk outreaching my anti-vert forks. I want maximum sharp pokey real estate to contact his forks and either get under them or wedge-lock us, and I want complete invertability because that bot’s purpose-built for juggling.

Drive aggressively and try to make him keep turning to face me so he can’t take a long run at me and ram at high speed. Don’t do anything fancy with angle-ins unless I’m being consistently wedged: we’re about even and if we get wedge-locked I can outpush him until he tries to turn away, then keep chasing him and attack again. He can pop me in the air, but the great thing about CF is it works identically either way up: I can drive just as well and don’t need to self-right. Gun it and create a little space, turn around, and come right back at him.

If I wedge him, I don’t know how much ground clearance he has: I might be able to just high-center him and ram him into walls/hazards: otherwise lift and either get him stuck that way if I can or try to flip him over. He can self-right but he might either land at an angle or pop himself right back onto my forks. Any time I get an advantage, be relentless and keep pushing him, overturning him, and getting in the way of his self-righting until he either escapes or knocks me away.

See if there’s any angle I can stack him on his rear where the wall can high-center him.