Xtreme pnumatix vs chimera

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Xtreme pnumatix vs chimera

Post by Venice Queen » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:17 pm

Wedge

I have slightly better control and more weapon power. He’s also 2wd, so he’ll have a bit of trouble making last minute maneuvers.

Because he’s 2wd, all of his wedge weight is on the forks - everything else is a little bit off the ground. If he goes wedgelets, they’re very small and hinged, and therefore much lighter than my wedge. This should give me a wedging advantage despite their low surface area.

focus mostly on angling in to forks/wedgelets and/or attacking the main body. Vary these last minute small adjustments in my angle of attack, so he can’t just angle in the same direction to counter. Be more willing to go head on against the wedgelets, unless I’m wrong about them being worse than my wedge.

Sometimes be very patient in neutral, sometimes be very aggressive. Try and rattle him by swapping up the tempo.

If he gets under, see if i can still angle in with the secondary body wedges - they’re still there under the flipper.

Try to bait him into flipping early - the weapon’s wedge is hinged. I can also do the usual j-turning in random directions.

When i get under, flip immediately, and continue to pursue him with a lot of aggression.

Never feed him to the saws, unless he’s getting away and im near one. pinning into the wall will control him longer. Hammers also fine.

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Re: Xtreme pnumatix vs chimera

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pm

Going to be using the long forks here!

Start off the way I usually do, by being as aggressive as I can but slowing down a little as I get close to them. Chimera is using this one apparently and I’m not terribly sure why but either way I should be able to get under it more easily, slotting my forks underneath it for an easy flip, I’ll be hoping to use Chimera’s relatively low ground-clearance against it as I juggle my flips, aiming towards the corners of the arenas as I usually do where it’s nice big, flat body should make for an ideal target for the pulverisers, where I can box and pin it in to take a pounding. Hopefully I can just continue the rest of the match like this, tossing it into the various hazards around the arena whilst trying my best to avoid them myself, using my ground-clearance to hopefully go up and over it but if I take a flip or two it won’t be the end of the world, I’ll just use my inverability to make a little space before self-righting and coming right back on the offensive. I’ll keep facing Chimera at all times, not allowing it to try and flank me and ramming under if it tries to approach from an angle. Keep aggressive and keep control of the match with plenty of rams, pins and flips to impress those judges!

Best of luck again Sio!
"The moment you think you'll crash, you will" - Tony Pond
Team Captain of the IRL team, Kings Heath Colliders Robotics and Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat
Accolades
The New Blood: Joint 3rd with Raccoon XL
ROBOTS 3: Featherweight Quarter-Finalist with HardWired III
ROBOTS 3: Middleweight Quarter-Finalist with Der Adder
ROBOTS 3: Heavyweight Semi-Finalist with Night Jackal III
Cherry Bomb Classic 4: Featherweight Semi-Finalist with I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto
Cherry Bomb Classic 4: Heavyweight Semi-Finalist and Annihilator joint winner with Xtreme pneumatiX
Rumble In Da Jungle: Event Champion with Avanti!
ROBOTS 4: Featherweight Semi-Finalist with I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto
ROBOTS 4: Lightweight Semi-Finalist with Avanti!