Ruination MW: Disposal Unit vs The Act of Being Polite

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Ruination MW: Disposal Unit vs The Act of Being Polite

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:38 am

Disposal Unit: 5 Speed / 3 Traction / 1 Torque / 12 Weapon / 9 Armor
The Act of Being Polite: Speed: 4 Traction: 2 Torque: 1 Weapon: 16 Armour: 7

Spin-up as soon as the match starts, he shouldn’t have enough speed to box rush me, especially in a big arena like this. Once I’m spun up, I’ll try and show some aggression by approaching him, making sure to face him at all times with my big ol’ spinner. Those little Wedgelets on the front of his robot aren’t going to last long and just behind them is some nice chewy wheels to tear apart. I have a lot of reach with this bar so as long as I keep facing him, he doesn’t really have much of a chance to get a good hit on me. Once his front wheels abs wedgelets are off, his beater bar should start to grind away on the ground, drastically slowing it down, affecting his controllability and making it pretty much useless, that’s if I haven’t hit the weapon mounts enough to disable it anyway. I’ll try and stick to the middle of the arena, away from any hazards and those arena walls, using the deflecting capabilities of my powerful weapon to my advantage to insure that there is enough space between us, keeping spun up and facing him at all times. He may have one speed point better than me but the traction difference is the same, plus with a vertical spinning weapon like his, if he attempts to angle in on me, it is bound to backfire with his gyroscopic effects.
Best of luck Frog
"The moment you think you'll crash, you will" - Tony Pond
Team Captain of the IRL team, Kings Heath Colliders Robotics and Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat
Accolades
The New Blood: Joint 3rd with Raccoon XL
ROBOTS 3: Featherweight Quarter-Finalist with HardWired III
ROBOTS 3: Middleweight Quarter-Finalist with Der Adder
ROBOTS 3: Heavyweight Semi-Finalist with Night Jackal III
Cherry Bomb Classic 4: Featherweight Semi-Finalist with I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto
Cherry Bomb Classic 4: Heavyweight Semi-Finalist and Annihilator joint winner with Xtreme pneumatiX
Rumble In Da Jungle: Event Champion with Avanti!
ROBOTS 4: Featherweight Semi-Finalist with I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto
ROBOTS 4: Lightweight Semi-Finalist with Avanti!

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Re: Ruination MW: Disposal Unit vs The Act of Being Polite

Post by attackfrog » Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:46 am

I win this one if I get a hit on TABP's chassis: with 7 armor and only two wheels, I just need to hit one corner to lock one of them up and immobilize it. TABP has a scary weapon, but the 4 speed and 2 traction it has, along with its very short length relative to its wheelbase should make it very easy to oversteer, so I just need to be spun up and ready for that to happen so I can dart in and get that hit. My better drivetrain should give me a good chance of doing that before I explode, even if I have to lose a wheel along the way.