Afternoon cereal vs break dash (or, perhaps, Afternoon Cereal ve Break fast :3)

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Afternoon cereal vs break dash (or, perhaps, Afternoon Cereal ve Break fast :3)

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:07 am

Ac: Green: Speed: 8 / Traction: 6 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 7 (5 spinner / 5 lifter) / Armor: 8 (+3 front - includes weapon)

Break dash: SPEED - 7 | TRACTION - 7 |TORQUE - 4 | WEAPON - 2 | ARMOR - 10 (+2 front)

Ok so i have worse control and no torque, but i still like taking this fight as a controlbot. I do have better speed, and The spinner will let me destabilize her with a flip, and then i can move in with the lifter to keep her destabilized. I also might be able to bait her into using a flat wedge to angle in on me with - those dont work upside down. Also id like to be able to self right :v

[Of note: if she uses the abr, her only two points of contact are on the outsides of her wedge. That whole middle area is free game for my forks. If she uses the forks, then she gives me free spots to smack with my spinner. If she uses the anti- vert scoop (which should really be her anti-hs option?? The abr has angles for an hs to catch on??), then she’s really telegraphing that she wants to angle in, plus i can ramp over it. ]

General plan is to approach with long charges, keeping space to prevent her from really using her control advantage. i can also go for more standard engagements; i dont want to be a one trick pony. If she’s using the forks, i can also move the lifters up and out of the way and smack the upper tips of her wedges with the spinner. I can try this against the scoop too but it’ll probably be less effective.

In general be rather aggressive. Her statline benefits from a slower, more patient and controlled environment. Dont give that to her. Bounce off the walls like a toddler on too much sugar

If i end up on her wedge, i have a few options. I can raise my lifters up and hit reverse: this should cause me to endo (wheelie forewards), making my spinner contact her and launch me Somewhere Else. I can also try climbing over her with the lifter. or i can back straight up if i have a lot of space.

I am like. Super excited to have access to a 5 power lifter for the first time in forever. I can use it as a clamp (not agreat option because of the torque difference but might be useful if i have her on a killsaw?). I can move it out of the way and reset it in a flash. I can get lifts in before she can utilize her torque to recover. I have a lot more weapon versatility than she does with a single, slow 2 power weapon, and i really want to emphasize that to the judges.

Once i get a spinner hit in, snowball. Shove her to hazards. Try to set up a nice oota. Bully her with lifts chained into spinner smacks chained into spinner hits. Give her no space and make her have no fun >:3