RFN mini R1: Torschlusspanik vs God's Middle Finger

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

RFN mini R1: Torschlusspanik vs God's Middle Finger

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Mon May 29, 2023 12:20 am

Torsh: 5/4/1/12/8 vert drum
God's FU: 4/1/1/17/8 shell spinnah
same armor but i got 5 more power, he can barely scratch my shell, he isn't exactly fast either so can't really try to stuff like a wedge.

after enough hits that drum will break at the mounting or something, if i hit that yummy flat side i will probably break it in a single hit and the side of the wedge have the perfect angle for deflecting into said flat side, all i need to do is hit him from an angle somehow.
if he gets flipped or dares to use something other than the flat wedge config a single hit on those fork will bend the entire bot in a single hit

Start by spinning up and moving a bit away from the wall before waiting for the expected "box rush" attempt, the idea is that i when i bounce off the wall i am high on the air so i don't bounce straight into the drumbot again and he has to turn or something.
After that stay away from the walls and spin2win
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Re: RFN mini R1: Torschlusspanik vs God's Middle Finger

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:11 pm

Using the standard (short) fork configuration.

Spin up my drum as soon as the match starts and approach their robot as quickly as I can after this, hopefully my drum will be at a higher speed than their shell once we collide. Speaking of which, I will be approaching their robot carefully, approaching the robot at an angle to face the way the shell is spinning, insuring that my drum makes maximum impact. With my standard configuration, there is very little that GMD can hit other than the drum which has 12 armour.

Being a shell spinner means their robot is unstable enough but a shell spinner with 1 traction that is a shuffler which wobbles around the place is just downright volatile to spazzing out. The fact it has loads of teeth means my drum has a lot to bite onto and toss up into the air, increasing the chances of the already unstable FBS flipping over, that and the fact it won't be able to get very far from the wall, meaning that it'll be damaging itself if it hits it, also slowing it down drastically.

That self-righting pole doesn't look long enough to actually self-right it but if it can then it will surely be sluggish, giving me enough time to his it whilst it is upside down, meaning I can snap it off or bend it out of shape, giving me the count out win.

I'll keep my drum facing their robot at all times, spun up and ready to attack, weapon to weapon, trying to juggle my hits if I am unable to flip it the first time, aiming to corner it or chuck it into a hazard.

Best of luck YSMQ!
"The moment you think you'll crash, you will" - Tony Pond
Team Captain of the IRL team, Kings Heath Colliders Robotics and Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat
Accolades
The New Blood: Joint 3rd with Raccoon XL
ROBOTS 3: Featherweight Quarter-Finalist with HardWired III
ROBOTS 3: Middleweight Quarter-Finalist with Der Adder
ROBOTS 3: Heavyweight Semi-Finalist with Night Jackal III
Cherry Bomb Classic 4: Featherweight Semi-Finalist with I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto
Cherry Bomb Classic 4: Heavyweight Semi-Finalist and Annihilator joint winner with Xtreme pneumatiX
Rumble In Da Jungle: Event Champion with Avanti!
ROBOTS 4: Featherweight Semi-Finalist with I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto
ROBOTS 4: Lightweight Semi-Finalist with Avanti!