RFN Mini - Kamaitachi V. Neophyte Redglare

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

winternimbus
Team: Team Foxtrot Uniform

RFN Mini - Kamaitachi V. Neophyte Redglare

Post by winternimbus » Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:05 pm

KAMAITACHI - 5/4/1/12 (11 spinner/1 lifter)/8

NEOPHYTE REDGLARE - 7/6/4/3 (2 wedge/top lifting forks)/10 (+2 front wedge system)

going with redglare's anti-vertical setup here

kamaitachi's interesting. unique weapon setup with a VERY slow lifter--still a lifter and could be dangerous noneoftheless, and i don't think HFL can press with it, but still, be wary of it as it could probably keep me at bay and get some hits on my frame which can take me out of the fight entirely if i'm not careful.

i'm not going to play it cavewoman style here and box rush. lifting up my wedge and keeping it up for too long is an opening they can very much take advantage of. that being said, i'm going to play it tactical to the best of my ability, creep out from my corner, not box rush but circle them, get to their sides and back and hopefully be able to commandeer the fight--the large UHMW fuckoff panel should give me alot more surface area to be able to keep them on me as i take them to the big time hammers and the wall drum (especially later on in the fight when it cranks up the power)

back off if i need too, i have the speed and torque advantage here so that'll allow me to be quick on the draw and push and pin them if need be, avoid their wedge, watch if they box rush, and overall just try to keep them at bay the best i can and take control. self-right if i get flipped too. that's important

gl hfl!
winter! she/they/it pronouns, trans rights babey!

ROBOT FIGHT NIGHT: MINI
Break Dash - 1-1
Neophyte Redglare - 1-1

Neophyte Redglare - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals, Cherry Bomb Classic 3 Quarter-Finals
America Offline - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals

"I'm curious what tactical advantage you're hoping to gain by sacrificing a portion of your bots size/weight for a deployable banana"
-NWOWWE, 2017

Hooray For Lexan

Re: RFN Mini - Kamaitachi V. Neophyte Redglare

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Stats:

Neophyte Redglare: 7/6/4/3 (2 lifting wedge/2 top forks) / 10 (+2 plow). Winter didn't declare but I'm assuming no ABR plow against a vert.

Kamaitachi: 5/4/1/12 (11 spinner, 1 lifter) / 8. Normal config please (lifter with light forks, spiral disc)

Strats:

You know what? Box Rush. Let's see if Redglare sees that coming. Lifter down. My lifter protects me from my disc getting hit when it's at slow speed, and I can spin up while pushing against my opponent. In general just keep the weapon pointed at her and drive aggressively. I have a wedge advantage with my forks, + another set if she gets around or under the lifting ones. If I get under, push forward and start lifting. Best case I flip Redglare or tip it backward and hit its underside. It doesn't look like she can drive *well* while inverted: if she's flipped chase and try to hit the sides or back while she self-rights.

She'll probably try to reverse off as I lift, but this is risky: if she's tilted at an angle recklessly gunning it with one wheel touching the ground could spin her around and expose her side, and even if she doesn't I still have hinged forks and a vert. Be ready to dart forward and hit her the moment she gets free. A lifting plow's also a good matchup for me: its central axle might get hooked on my forks and let me pick her up and suplex her.

If I'm wedged, raise the lifter to protect my disc from hitting the floor if I'm overturned, and try to get away - my rear wheels are on the outside to prevent high-centering on an opponent's wedge. If flipped, self-right with a combo of the lifter and torque reaction, and if pinned try to use the lifter to climb free / block the hammers with the top horns. The arm's UHMW and on a clutch so I think it can absorb the worst of an impact.

If I get an advantage don't let up. Use the arm to block her self-righting and keep flipping her and tossing her around with the disc even if I'm not at full deadly speed. Try to strand her in the wall drum to get time to spin up / line up a hit when she gets free.

If gyro is making it hard to keep up with her, slow the disc down a bit and spin up to full speed when we lock horns.