ROBOT FIGHT NIGHT MINI ROUND ONE (Middleweight): W Is For Winner VS 10-000 Year Earworm (Not typing all of that.)

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

TurtleBack!
Team: Team ShellShockers

ROBOT FIGHT NIGHT MINI ROUND ONE (Middleweight): W Is For Winner VS 10-000 Year Earworm (Not typing all of that.)

Post by TurtleBack! » Mon May 29, 2023 9:45 am

Ok so. Its a vertical vs wedge/wedgelet bot. It seems set in stone for the vert to win. Cause well. Vert!

However! This matchup is slightly in my favour in comparison to designs actually.

First is ground clearance. I’m the only one here with a wedgelet setup. He has a simple flat wedge. Good for HS spinners. Ok against everything else. This makes it quite easy to get under the opposing robot from the front. And with the flat design I went with. It should be hard for him to deal shots in unless he gets to the back or sides.

Secondly, the speed difference. His speed stat is 6. And my speed is a goddamn 10. Making me rather faster than him. I need to use that to my advantage. And get around to the sides or back in case. So even if he has a tough weapon, he wouldn’t have a chance to use it if I play it perfectly.

So that's my basic strategy. I need to utilise my speed, and get around to the sides and back and control him. Kinda like claw viper. But I also need to take advantage of my lifter setup. If I get him inverted, His weapon would hit the floor and send him flying due to his setup. Might wanna use that in case of an emergency. Like if he gets around to my sides or back and deals a nasty shot in a way.

This seems easy on paper. But I need to be on my A-Game if I wanna pull a dominant win

Best of luck!

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Re: ROBOT FIGHT NIGHT MINI ROUND ONE (Middleweight): W Is For Winner VS 10-000 Year Earworm (Not typing all of that.)

Post by Venice Queen » Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:19 pm

W: SPEED: 10 // TRACTION: 9 // TORQUE: 1 // WEAPON: 3 // ARMOR: 7
Don't Change Color, Kitty: Speed: 6 // Traction: 6 // Torque: 1 // Weapon: 8 // Armor: 9 (+1 shield & weapon)

Their grabby things look like they might have trouble righting the bot efficiently. I'm sure it'll get there... eventually, but it's not a great angle and there's gonna be some flopping around. .

they might have a lot of speed, but no torque means I can actually stalemate with them on pushing wars, and they'll in generally be mostly on 3/4 of their speed (7 or 8), especially in close quarters, which evens the playing field a lot. I think the best option for me is play around the killsaws. those comically long forks of theirs are gonna have trouble getting over the sawblade holes, and in general keeping things close quarters lets me get angles inside of their long reach where I can catch a side.

if I'm caught out in the open, face them, but slowly retreat to a killsaw corner - fending off attacks as best I can and keeping my face towards them. try to get into a wedging stalemate if possible, then see if i can turn and get off a nice whack on the inside edge of one of the forks. if I end up on the forks, gun it and try and smack the main body/grabbing apparatus with my weapon. I'd love to be able to break their weapon, aim for it in general. once it's broken, I only need one good hit to land them on their head and then it's game over.

once I do catch them, I want to try and get a series of hits in a row - like chaining flips on a flipper. wait until they've landed and they're almost recovered, then hit again. repeat over and over, trying to OOTA or end the chain at a hazard.

TLDR: keep to the killsaws and force them to maneuver their unwieldy forks in close quarters.