RFN mini R1: Afternoon Cereal vs Apeirogon II

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

RFN mini R1: Afternoon Cereal vs Apeirogon II

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Mon May 29, 2023 12:57 am

breakfast (citation needed): 8/6/1/10/5 (yellow//forks) vert bar
"trust me bruv, this is a normal polygon": 9/8/2/7/4 vert on an arm thingy
ok so the plan is to get under that thing and hit those forks from underneath, i should be able to pull this of because of my good control and her gyroing a bit when turning. Approach the front rather carefully and not in a straight line hoping she overcompensates and gives me and approach to one of the forks.
A hit from under them will deal 3 damage which might be enough to bend them up a bit letting me get under easier and can flip ceralbot 8000 which means i get to attack safely while its bussy bouncing a bit and potentially does the thing™ (the forks being able to go up like that doesn't help).
If i do get a hit anywhere but the front there is a very good chance of me deleting one of the wheels, if that happens her bot will be a bit slower and have much worse control so i can start juking it or even trying to go around it, i have time so just keep driving around until i have a safe approach. If i manage to kill more than one wheel i can basically hit wherever i want

The win condition is to hit for a flip that makes it bounce into oota or the thing™ or ,again, remove those exposed wheels.

If the initial plan of the wedge game fails and/or my wedges are gone just try to go in circles around the thing, eventually i will somehow get around it fully or she will get impatient and try to intercept me, (hopefully) miss and be exposed for a free hit.

also dont get hit by that weapon, mandatory avoid hazards
glhf
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Re: RFN mini R1: Afternoon Cereal vs Apeirogon II

Post by Venice Queen » Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:06 pm

spiderman_pointing_meme.jpg

Afternoon Cereal: Speed: 8 / Traction: 6 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 10 / Armor: 5
Apeirogon: Speed: 9 // Traction: 8 // Torque: 2 // Weapon: 7 // Armour: 4

she has overall better drive, but struggles to damage me. I have worse drive, but only need one decent hit (that's 1hko range babes. and I have EIGHT speed XD). weapon to weapon clashes aren't an option for her either, with her worse weapon armor and worse armor overall. her one viable strategy is to angle in or otherwise flank.

the easiest way for me to prevent her from pulling off those sorts of tricky maneuvers is to be real fuckin aggressive. tricky manuevering requires thought, timing, and patience. I make the margin for error much shorter by being aggressive. I can also do some charges/rushes/cross-arena slams to try and make space. I could also try moving at her at full speed, then suddenly lowering my speed to try and juke her out.

she could try to do something involving being backwards and timing a perfect overhead swing of the weapon, but that seems like it would end well for me, and poorly for her.

TLDR: reasonable aggression. generally try to keep it at a high tempo to give her minimum time for shenanigans.