RTT Wk7: Big Boy Flaily vs. Chieftain

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

RTT Wk7: Big Boy Flaily vs. Chieftain

Post by attackfrog » Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:38 pm

Big Boy Flaily: viewtopic.php?t=10030#p74661
Chieftain: viewtopic.php?p=74674#p74674

Uhhh 16 armor? Really? LOL. Though to be fair I have no idea what config GF93 is using. It could be the other one. But it probably isn't. At least that means the lifter's going to be kind of wimpy.

Aaanyways, the Big Boy Flaily may be slow and he may be a spinner, but he ain't gonna piss off that easy. He's gonna point them wedgelets at his opponent and hope they do their thing while he spins up and the lets out the flails, hopefully timed right to hit the body of Chieftain as they extend, where they'll do some damage and maybe lock up or take chunks out of those wheels. Maybe it'll do that enough to disable Cheiftain before it's flipped over, who knows. If I keep the spinner going, the angular momentum will make BBF harder to flip, so I have that going for me which is nice.

GLHF GF93.

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Re: RTT Wk7: Big Boy Flaily vs. Chieftain

Post by GF93 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:55 pm

Config 2 (armoured), all Spikes and Bullbars ON.

BBF's got a particularly interesting take on the classic Horizontal Spinner design that could potentially strike at my sides with those extending chains, so I'll have to be very careful not to let that happen. Happily though, I do have my big drivetrain advantage (at least twice as much in everything) and my very heavily-armoured scoop to slow the flails. I also have my bullbars for if the flails go high enough and/or he goes up the wedge, in which case I can use them to ensnare his flails (think a trouser leg getting caught in a bicycle chain) and drag him round. My lifter and his low armour and lack of a srimech gives me two reliable options with which to kill him, too.

Blindly charging in will only be a great way to get myself killed. Instead, I'll want to take advantage of what I have and slow the spinner first, then close the distance and show no mercy. Keep my distance at first and see which way he's turning and at what range, then angle directly into it (IE, so his flails can only come into direct contact with the scoop) to knock the chains away and slow them/catch them on the Bullbars. In either case, immediately approach and force my way under (via the sides/corners ideally) from there, but watch for any sudden movements or adjustments to his range; if he does try it, reverse out the way and readjust the approach.

In any case, once he's slowed/stopped and I'm underneath, use his own range against him. Force him into the walls/corners, squash him into them to wear down the clock, and keep him herded into the narrow areas there and/or myself underneath constantly to keep him from spinning up again. Force him under the Pulverisers to inflict damage, only use the Killsaws if I can force him into the same direction they're turning (otherwise they could help him escape), and if I can get him off-balance, use my lifter/drive to turn him over. Stay nearby as he's counted out in case he rights himself, and force him onto the defence the whole time.

Don’t lift unless definitely underneath, copy his movements if he tries hooking off the wedge, take what range his weapon is at into account at all times, and especially watch out for if he starts adjusting on the fly.

Good luck!