Scrapper Vs Ayame

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

Scrapper Vs Ayame

Post by Trihunter » Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:15 pm

Currently in bed writing this so I'm gonna keep it simple.

Spin up, take it slow and defensive, try to keep them having to approach our weapon. If they get around, deliberately gyro up to mess with their flip angle, then hopefully land back down to deal some damage. Just get hits in where we can and try to break shit. Don't go for potential baits, just save aggression for once they're worn down.

tldr: attrition
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Re: Scrapper Vs Ayame

Post by GF93 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:44 pm

Kunai Spikes OFF, Tatami (Anti-Overhead) Attachment ON.

Hooo, boy... this'll be a tough one. Scrapper's got a hugely powerful Drum Spinner the size of your average dustbin, so I'll really have to fight smartly to avoid being decimated. I've got the means to, though; I completely outdo him drivetrain-wise (being twice as fast in particular) and I can get under from pretty much anywhere I like (him being limited to only directly in front), on top of having a means to keep him on my wedge (the Tatami Mat) to nullify monster-trucking attempts) and keep him upside-down and forced onto the defence.

He'll also be up against a hell of a lot of gyroscoping and his defence isn't brilliant, so take full advantage of both; attack from literally everywhere but the weapon's path, keep him upside-down/slowed to nullify its effectiveness, and use said Drum's own size against it with targeted hazard damage. Mix up attacking from the right side (so he can't swing the weapon into me without flipping himself), baiting him into doing the Ray Billings "Feint opening up side, then turn into enemy side yourself" trick then dodging/countering, and circling round until he's forced to gyro-turn, then attacking when he rises up (or when he's trying to right himself that way). In any case, force my way under, ram him into the wall and flip, then be all over him from there.

From there, be super-aggressive and keep him forced onto the defence. Copy his movements if he tries J-turning off to keep him trapped, hurl him into the walls/corners and squash him into them to wear down the clock, and keep him inverted to minimise the Drum's effectiveness. Use the Pulverisers (pointed especially) to hit his drum/axles to break them, and the Killsaws to ruin his tyres and further limit his already-poor mobility. If either go, be even more aggressive and go for the knockout!

Defence is mostly aggressive and just using good common sense; actively preventing him from spinning up, and always watching what he does and being ready to react accordingly. Don't attack directly in the weapon’s path, keep low to the ground and protect my wedge tip, escape/counter immediately if hit to avoid getting comboed to death, keep him herded near walls/corners, and avoid hazards unless taking him to them myself. Never fire the flipper unless definitely underneath and his weapon is slowed/stopped.

Hopefully this should be enough for Ayame to beat this guy's raw strength. Good luck!