Chieftain VS Deep-DIsh Destruction (Ruination: The Tempest, SHW Round 6)

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Chieftain VS Deep-DIsh Destruction (Ruination: The Tempest, SHW Round 6)

Post by GF93 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:45 pm

Config Two, Top Teeth ON, Bottom Teeth OFF.

Dated references aside, Deep-Dish Destruction has one hell of a powerful spinner on it; and with all those options it has for teeth, I'll have to keep each config in mind and make absolutely sure that he can't get to my main body. Fortunately though, I do have a great tool for taking him on with; my 16-armoured Scoop up front. Not only is it tough as can be, it's also angled on all sides, so he'll have a very hard time getting through it, especially considering I'm twice as fast as him and dominate him all-round on drivetrain. He won't be able to hit high enough to damage my weapon supports even with the Side Of Wings config, his triangle-tooth one will only end up reducing his impact force (and give me more of him to grab onto) for the most part, and his square-tooth one has very limited range. Even though it's slow, my Lifter and his damageable self-righting pole gives me an effective means of killing him.

I'm going to take the classic aggressive-but-strategic approach. Keep the front facing him (ideally with the weapon in the opposite direction to which he's spinning) and the Scoop down at all times, cut off wherever he's heading to and chase him down if he tries to run away, and ram, ram, ram away at him! Use the power of his own weapon against him to fling him off-balance and ram him into the walls/hazards, squash him into the walls/corners to wear down the clock, and when using the hazards, predominantly focus on destroying his tyres (with the Killsaws) and his self-righting pole (Pulverisers), while also trying to break his spinner. If I can damage/destroy the pole and get him sufficiently slowed/stopped (and ONLY in such a case), pin him to the wall and use my Scoop to turn him over; but stay nearby with the Scoop down in case he does self-right, ready to catch him if need be.

Defence is mostly the aggressive kind. Keep constantly underneath/in contact with him to stop him spinning up, keep him herded near the walls/hazards (which I'll avoid unless using them myself) and forced on the backfoot. Dodge/counter any attempts to juke to my sides, keep the front facing him at all times, and never raise the Scoop unless his weapon's sufficiently slowed/stopped.

Good luck, Tcrrr!