R5 Week 5 HWs: Compound Fracture vs. Powerdrive

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

R5 Week 5 HWs: Compound Fracture vs. Powerdrive

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:40 am

Compound Fracture: Speed 7 | Traction 6 | Torque 3 | Weapon 3 | Armor 11 (+1 front plow/forks/outriggers/front chassis protectors)

Powerdrive: Speed 6 | Traction 4 | Torque 1 | Weapon 12 (11 drum, 1 srimech) | Armor 7

Configs: Anti-vertical spinner config.

Strategy:
It’s forks vs. forks. Mine look like they might be a bit longer but the non-fork parts of my front are tall enough that I don’t think his can scoop me up enough to keep me from either getting under his corners or jamming my scoop under his drum and slowing it down.

Rush him at the start and try to at least make him surrender the initiative, and be ready to put on the brakes and chase him. We’re both pretty quick, but I’ve got a little more speed and Powerdrive’s prone to oversteer. Try to either get to his corners or bait him into turning too far, but don’t be too picky about what part of him I engage with as long as I keep my forks pointed at him.

If I get under, if I’m contacting his drum keep pushing forward until it stops, then lift, get my forks jammed into any of the gaps in his underside (behind the drum in the front wheel wells) and slam him into the wall. If I’m wedged under a corner just push and hope he panics and exposes his side trying to spin away, and other wise just push him back until either he or the wall does something about it. Only lift if I’ve got him sideways or can hook him, otherwise don’t risk it with the drum at full speed unless I can control him with the wall.

If he gets a solid hit on me, it won’t do much damage but might flip me over. If this happens, maneuver, point my back towards him, then self-right while retreating so I flip around and have the forks aimed at him again, or if I don’t have time just point the plow at him and ram him. His 11-power drum still does minimal damage to me.

Flip him over if possible and try to get to his sides while he self-rights. Otherwise run the clock down with pins and try to get him under the pulverizers. They should do a good bit of damage and may even damage said srimech.

British-Robotics

Re: R5 Week 5 HWs: Compound Fracture vs. Powerdrive

Post by British-Robotics » Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:55 am

Compound Fracture: Speed 7 | Traction 6 | Torque 3 | Weapon 3 | Armor 11 (+1 front plow/forks/outriggers/front chassis protectors)

Powerdrive: Speed 6 | Traction 4 | Torque 1 | Weapon 12 (11 drum, 1 srimech) | Armor 7

Compound Fracture has exposed wheels and may be prone to get chewed up by my drum, so that's what I want to target right at the start, keep my distance slightly and move around squarely to Compound Fracture and keep aiming at the tires. Avoid making frontal contact with him.

Don't rush out of the box but carefully approach Compound Fracture and hope to seek a driving error from my opponent that may lead to hitting the tires.

Since I can't damage my opponent what I can do is make some pops with my weapon if we do make contact. Try to punt him nearby the hazards screws or the hammer, quickly get on the attack, and do as much damage as possible in that scenario.

Keep moving around the arena and make it difficult for my opponent to get a clear shot on me being pushed around.

Good luck and may the best robot win :)