Chieftain VS Not-So Huge (Ruination: The Tempest Week 5)

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Chieftain VS Not-So Huge (Ruination: The Tempest Week 5)

Post by GF93 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:53 pm

Config Two, lower teeth OFF, Bullbars ON.

This should be interesting, given that Not-So Huge was one of the bots I designed the Anti-Overhead Bullbars for. Nice tricky vertical spinner with big wheels, an even bigger bar, and a pretty decent drivetrain for what it is; so it'll be imperative that I don't let him get behind me. That said, my armour setup (including the Bullbars) is enough to pretty much stop his spinner cold from up front, and if he tries to drive over, my Bullbars will catch him immediately. His armour's low enough for him to take self-damage IIRC (and even if not, it's still low enough to take significant hazard damage) and he also lacks any sort of wedge and only has his short box at the back to keep him stable, so if I keep ramming him and knocking him all over, he'll find it very hard to stay under control; especially with the gyro, and how I'm faster with 1/3 more traction, perfect control, and six times his torque/acceleration.

So to keep it short, I'll want to be super-aggressive throughout; keep the wedge down throughout and force him to eat it every single time he tries to attack (though still avoid taking him head-on if I can help it), focus on keeping him out-of-control throughout (either upside-down or whirling on his sides) or squashing him into the walls/corners to wear down the clock, and forcing him into the hazards; particularly the Killsaws to ruin his tyres, and the pointed Pulverisers to do the maximum possible damage to his wheel domes and weapon mechanism. Attack from the sides/corners/behind when I can (and occasionally feint attacks to those areas to bait him into trying the J-Hook trick opening up his sides), don't raise the lifter unless absolutely necessary (IE, self-righting; otherwise, keep it pressed down slightly when approaching), and if on the off-chance I'm flipped, move a safe distance away (and ideally off to the side, so he's forced to gyro and buy me some time) with my invertibility before attempting to right myself. Remember that the Bullbars will speed up my self-righting from my back, and even if I go on my front, I can still recover by lifting up all the way to tip back over. Never let him get behind or to my sides under ANY circumstances.

Good luck, Pat!