Venice Queen vs 25 or 6 to 4

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Wolf51-50

Venice Queen vs 25 or 6 to 4

Post by Wolf51-50 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:46 am

VQ: 10/8/2/1/9(+2)
25624: 6/5/1/9/9(+1)

God save the queen? The queen's running away!

Holy speed disadvantage batman. Good news here is that I do have a plan for exactly this.

VQ's wedges are shock mounted. My red ones are as well. The difference here is that hers are almost connected at the ends, while mine is actively resting on the weight of my body. In other words my wedges are heavier, and the two between the weapon are static. This is if there are any front collisions, I will probably win most of those. But obviously she's gonna wanna go for my sides. Luckily I'm a wideboi so there's not much side to grab. Start gyroing in an attempt to come at her with the disc. She may be fast but all of her wedge attachments have juicy corners to hit. Strat for the following attachment - 1 - behind those forks is a boxy corner on the arm, try to hit that. 2 - hit those spiky bits to get some free corner damage and capitalize when she goes spinning. 3 - Just drive off or monster truck. Maybe aim for the back if I successfully monster truck. 4 - try to go in between those wedgelets. Those are some free body shots.

Whatever the outcome, try to hit a certain corner to get her off my back and also capitalize her lack of control if she oversteers. Any shot where I'm underneath should send her upwards and any shot that isn't should either hit a corner or knock her backwards. The goal here is to go for shock damage or just direct hits to the body. If she's being cautious just gyrodance and come back down to bring the wedges down and move forward to hit. If she's being aggressive stay on that one wheel and start hitting sharp objects with the disc so that I can send her backwards or spinning. Try to drive off or monster truck if she's completely under. I have pretty big wheels for that. If I'm flipped drive directly into her with the disc for a downward hit and to send me right side up. If this is risky just use a wall. We're not about to let this dragster queen take us places.

GL!!

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Re: Venice Queen vs 25 or 6 to 4

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:24 pm

Forks (first pic). He has very low range and wont be able to catch corners easily. His weapon is also weak. This is much more of a control matchup, though he can threaten body hits if im not careful.

10/8 to 6/5, i have torque advantage. Focus on aggression and head-on engagements, early on. Take the center of the arena to start.

I want to play this more like a standard wedge. Less of the big cross-arena slam attacks, more of just forcing a head- on.

His wedge forks are very small and hard to aim with how wide apart they are. They’d be excellent against a flat wedge. Wont be so easy for him to get value against my forks.

If he angles into my forks, also angle in. My wedges might get under his sides, and if he hits the forks, they’re hinged and attached to a weapon assembly, i shouldnt get bounced up that much.

Later into the match (1.25 min), once I’ve hopefully lulled him into a false sense of security, suddenly go hard in on flanking plays for like, two engagements. Then dont do it again for another minute. Then do it maybe once.

If i get under, maximum ram into a wall, flipping him into it. Also pin him if his weapon’s died down.

If he gets under, just make sure im feeding him forks and wedges, and maybe start backing up if i can, try and prevent mysrlf from riding up onto his weapon and letting him get hits on the underside.

Whenever i can, i want him in the corners or near the walls, and i want me in the center of the arena. Control can be preventing him from ever getting the best positioning, and i have a lot of speed to leverage to make that a reality