R5 Week 5 LWs: Flipkick vs Scrapper

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

R5 Week 5 LWs: Flipkick vs Scrapper

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:30 am

Flipkick: Speed 4 | Traction 4 (effectively 3) | Torque 1 | Weapon 10 | Armor 11 (+2 wheels)

Scrapper: Speed 4 | Traction 2 | Torque 1 | Weapon 16 | Armor 7

Configs: Anti-spinner config please.

Strategy:
We’re actually even speed-wise, and I’ve got better maneuverability and won’t have the horrible gyro effect Scrapper does at high speed.

Be evasive and annoying, and aim for his wheels while keeping my own in the way of his drum. Fast-spinning weapons like that struggle to get a good bite into UHMW, and it should just chew on my spokes and give me at least a few chances to get the hit I need without getting my chassis uppercut.

If I manage to take a wheel out, be very patient and careful to avoid feeding myself into his drum trying to get the KO. It’s likely to flail all over the place gyrodancing to avoid being counted out. See if I can bait him into overcorrecting and get an opening to hit his chassis or his other wheel.

GL HF

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

Re: R5 Week 5 LWs: Flipkick vs Scrapper

Post by Trihunter » Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:05 pm

Their wheels take 3 damage, chassis takes 7. Meanwhile our chassis takes 3, and no-sells a weapon impact. Also this thing gets fucked six ways from sunday if our weapons touch. Also worth noting that even if the anti-spinner wheels make our attacks less damaging, we're still at least ripping chunks out, as well as putting him in the ceiling. HUGE clones really don't like being launched, if I'm not mistaken, especially with such thin wheels.

Take this fight slow and defensive. Spin up, keep spun up, and ensure they're facing into our blade at all times. Given how frail their ass is, they're probably gonna try to bait us around and drive erraticly and stuff. Nah, we don't need to chase too aggressively and risk anything. Make a steady approach, forcing them to engage in fights they will consistently lose. Even a grazing blow should be able to destabilize their bot, and as soon as they're vulnerable, charge! Once they're vulnerable, push for a nasty blow to the chassis, or an off-angle strike on their wheels. If they recover, get them facing our disk again, either by turning around or slamming into reverse to shunt them back over us (or into a wall for a pin, which is another nice, advantageous position).

tl;dr: just be a constant wall of death that they have to engage with on our terms.
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)