R5 Week 4 MWs: Skoll vs Black Hazard

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

R5 Week 4 MWs: Skoll vs Black Hazard

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:14 am

Symmetrical bar please.
Start facing sideways (left) and spin around with spinup torque (spin CCW so it turns me CW), gun it out of my square at an angle to the left, and if it looks like he’s following it try to juke him by stopping my right wheel and turning right. Other than that do horizontal spinner things and try to avoid getting box rushed, and play keepaway after big hits.

If I’m upright, aim dead center of his bot. BH’s wedge has a gap in the middle, and as an undercutter I might be able to sneak under that and catch a corner, which could (a) peel a side of his wedge off, and (b) get a solid hit on his weapon support, which could bend it outward and either bend the weapon axle and jam it or tear the end out of the support (see: Copperhead vs. Chronos). His wedge is pretty steep so skipping upward seems less likely than bouncing away if I hit the front surface, and things will get bent and gouged pretty quickly.

If I’m inverted, try to get high closing speeds so I have a better chance of sideswiping his disc, and/or possibly hit the weapon supports either directly or skipping off the angled side of the wedge.

Turn the weapon off just before impacts and be ready to turn it on immediately if I’ve got both wheels and the skid on the ground. If I end up gyrodancing, there’s no angle where I don’t have at least one wheel on the floor, so try to control it as best I can to either avoid BH or make it hit my weapon when it attacks me.

For what it’s worth if I lose a wheel the weapon still works if I’m inverted.

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

Re: R5 Week 4 MWs: Skoll vs Black Hazard

Post by Trihunter » Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:28 pm

defensive stats with no extra wedgelets

It's a big undercutter that probably gets bounced upwards by our wedge, yippee. play aggressive, box rush, keep up in their face, see if we can get some solid hits and punts on their underside, push for hits on their underbelly or blade assembly, see if we can't break it. Try not to let them get around the flank, though I think we've a better drivetrain so it shouldn't be too tough to keep on top of them for long enough to bend or break something.

I am so socially drained after a big party today I'm so sorry
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)